MembersZone Subscriber

Question Some Info on the WEBTEAM

First of all I would like to say that I think the webteam is doing a pretty fine job keeping up with all the forums out here. Especially in the FIRE ACT grant section. so here's my questions, just out of curiosity

How many people is the webteam made up of
    Do you folks have other jobs
    Are you all located in the same area of the US
    Are you each assigned a certain area of the forums to monitor, if not, do you consult with each other before posting

I'm sure some of the other users will also have some questions about how you webteam folks operate and come to decisions etc..... As stated before I think you're doing a good job with what you have to work with.

Thanks
    COFire
    PROTECTING THOSE WHO DEFEND AMERICA ===================================

Forum Member

Default Yea!

Inquiring minds want to know!!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

shhhhhh....

be vwery quiet....we're hunting wabbitts!

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Question ???

I was wondering how long it would take for the webteam to shed some light on themselves. I always pictured them as faceless robots, but after all the recsent turmoil starting with the MUTT word, progressing to the personal attacks and then the explorer fiasco; the webteam has seemed to gain some personality latley. Defending actions, striking back at personal attacks... I think it has been great, like the big virtual hand of God coming out of the clouds and striking down the little virtual firemen. (Not that I'm calling the webteam God, I mean they can be cool sometimes, but not that cool)

Please enlighten us...
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Administrator

Default And the Answers Are

How many people is the webteam made up of

- Firehouse.com has 15 full time and 5 part time employees, of which five manage the actual posting/development of the site. The rest are sales, news, research and support personnel.

Do you folks have other jobs

- A few of the full time and part time employees also hold 'second' full time jobs ... as firefighters.

Are you all located in the same area of the US

- Firehouse.com is a full time operation with headquarters office in College Park, Maryland. We have a full time reporter based in California and regular photographic and editorial contributors all over the country. That contributor list expands greatly with the MembersZone.

Are you each assigned a certain area of the forums to monitor, if not, do you consult with each other before posting

- Everyone views the forums, but for the majority of the issues that come up here, they are brought to our attention by the users themselves, especially when there are problems. With hundreds of posts per day, its impossible to monitor everything. Only the two most senior members of the WebTeam at the moment edit or engage in discussion on the posts.

Although for things like the grants, we may be posting information obtained by other staff members. The fact is monitoring the forums and dealing with issues here is probably only 5 hours a week total in personnel time, unless there are specific major issues which happen, but not that much.

And a few other routine answers:

- Of the 15 full time and 5 part time staff, about half are paid and volunteer firefighters in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. area, on both the sales and WebTeam sides. The full time news operation, with the exception of one part-timer, are strictly professional journalists.

As you can tell by the number of staff, it takes considerable personnel resources to run a site like Firehouse.com and keep up with the major news and information seven days a week. As we grow on all sides, especially with the MembersZone and new content and interactive features throughout the site, the staff is expected to grow to about 20 by the end of next year.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

Good question, thanks webteam for your answers

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Thumbs up Good job...

I say good job too! I know sitting in front of this
    monitor very long, it drives me crazy. So thanks for
    your hard work keeping me entertained.

Now...wheres my "Members Only" jacket?
    Last edited by CAFFBOU; 08-11-2002 at 08:56 PM.

Yeah, what Boukca said.

Another lifetime volunteer proud to serve my community.

Forum Member
    On the flatest land around! (In central Il.)

BUMP!! In light of recent events in here, I found some info on the WebTeam. Although it is 4 years old, they kinda give a little info about what it takes.....

And what the heck, how about another thread going on about it

(really i just didn't know how to quote from one thread to another)

Forum Member

Talking hooray

Hooray, the WT is alive and well and we (I) thank them for all the hard work to keep this site going. I would like to know their opinion of the current insanity and ribbing they have been taking here today.

Permanently Removed

Wow...Weird seeing my old ID. What is going on with the WT. This board's users are looking to riot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU's Signature
    -Friends dont let friends ride American LaChance.
    Now THAT is funny.

Permanently Removed

Well? Its true!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvwrench
    Hooray, the WT is alive and well and we (I) thank them for all the hard work to keep this site going. I would like to know their opinion of the current insanity and ribbing they have been taking here today.
    Uh, did you check the dates on this thread?

08-10-2002 12:38 AM
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    Well? Its true!
    My department bought one last year. So far, it doesn't seem American LaFrance is what it once was.

Thread Information