Thread: Advice Needed

Thumbs up Advice Needed

My wife and I are going to the states for 4 weeks in November and intend going to Louisianna Florida Tennassee Texas then Las Vegas any help or info greatly appreciated. I am a firefighter with 26 years service from Melbourne Ausrtalia. Happy to return help or info about Australia,

Thanks Ben

Forum Member

What kind of information are you looking for? I live in Louisiana. Not sure if you are looking for. For tourist information about Louisiana go to www.louisiana.com.. They have a verifty of information.. Hope this helps.. Feel free to email me if you need any specific questions about the Baton Rouge area...

Bob

Forum Member

I was Down Under in '93, so here are a few hints: Unless things have changed, our food will taste spicy; everyone here will love your accent; take a "busman's holiday" and visit some U.S. Fire stations, you'll be made to feel very welcome (bring any and all tee shirts or emblems as trading stock); From Vegas, drive about 1 hour to Hoover Dam, it's worth it; we do drive on the other side of the road, quite well, thank you; have a great time, we did - and we did get to Melbourne, but I was not on the fire department then!

P.S. Yes, water does circle the drain in the other direction up here!

I Live In Las Vegas.So if you have any questions about coming here.feel free to ask me.you can go over to http://www.lasvegas.com that'll give you information about shows,dining,ect.also,about Hoover Dam you used to be able to take a tour of the dam but after sept. 11 they stopped all tours forver.i don't know if they have changed that rule but thats what i last heard.ask me anything about Las Vegas and i'll see how i can help you also enjoy your stay here!
    Shane
    Do not fear to step into the unknown...for where there is risk, there is also reward.

Forum Member

Hey Rascal, if this boot rural volunteer goes to the big city, could I get to see your big shiny red (or are they lime) truck??

i'm only a fire buff.but i can tell you some station open house days if you want.they are for later this year.think there are only 3 to 4 left.might want to plan a trip right now
    Shane
    Do not fear to step into the unknown...for where there is risk, there is also reward.

Oh and they are a nice red.the Las Vegas ones at least.Clark Countys are yellow.Here Are Some Pictures:

Las Vegas Fire And Resuce Engine 42:

Clark County Fire Department Engine And Rescue 11:

Last edited by Rascal; 08-15-2002 at 11:22 AM.
    Shane

Talking hey Ben im from TEXAS

Hey Ben I am from Texas and there are quite a few places to go here.
    I will set two sites here so you can see.
    http://wTEXAS Texas Escapes]http://www.texasescapes.com[/URL] lone star
    I hope these two sites help you or if you havea any other questions just ask.
    Rainymedic

Forum Member

Ben3081, I just found out my wife is planning a trip to the sin city (Vegas) to visit her sister on Thnaksgiving, one of our quaint American holidays. Maybe we'll meet up there.

Default Hey ben, I'm from Texas, too!

Depending on what you are looking for I have to suggest that SAn Antonio would be your best bet. There are historical sites, the Riverwalk with it's shopping and nightlife, two theme parks for recreation and plenty of hotels to choose from. The second best would be a toss up between Houston with it's tie to NASA and South Padre Island for fishing, boating, and swimming. Well that's my .02 worth.

Thread Information