• Minitor II

10 50.00%
  • Minitor III

4 20.00%
  • Minitor IV

4 20.00%
    HNFC FF/President

Question Best Minitor Series Pager

Taking from all the talk on my previous thread, i decided to make a poll about it. What do you think is the best Motorola Minitor Series Fire Pager and why?
    Last edited by mdoddsjffhnfc; 08-10-2002 at 09:52 PM.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

JeepFireNY
    Firehouse.com Guest

I will never give up my Minitor II. Don't even get me started on the IIIs, and apparently, the IVs aren't too great either. Was talking to a guy from another department and he has a II and said he was sitting next to a guy with the IV and the II went off while the IV was silent.

did he make sure that the IV wasnt in PTL? you wouldnt want to start posting information that you cant back up...

Originally posted by HFDEXP777
    did he make sure that the IV wasnt in PTL? you wouldnt want to start posting information that you cant back up...
    If it was in PTL, it would have alerted (vibrate or audio) and then gone silent again. I really want the features of the Minitor IV but I will not give up my II until they make something a LOT more reliable than what is out there now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like I'm in the minority here.

While I've never had any problems with the II as far as reception, I think the Minitor I was alittle better. What really put the Minitor I ahead for me was the durability of the unit. Over time with the II's I've seen alot more broken clips, cases, etc that I didn't see with the Minitor I. The only thing the II had going for it was the smaller size.

Minitor III - Junk

Minitor IV - We'll have to wait and see. The knobs are alittle better on them and I've been told they improved on the RF board but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I have a III and i have never had a problem with it. I have never missed a tone, i like the features, i dont think it is quite as loud as the II's but that doesn't really matter to me, and i have yet to brake anything and i work for a build houses all day.
    This statements made above do not represent the agency i belong to in any shape or form. So if i say something stupid its just me.

Talking

I have had no problems with my minitor 2 its the best!!
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

JeepFireNY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by HFDEXP777
    No... they were both on audible alert.

Originally posted by WestvilleJr73
    I have had no problems with my minitor 2 its the best!!
    EXACLLY
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

i have the minitor II and it ok but my deputy chief has a minitor IV and it picks up alot more than mine and i like his better. i prolly would give mine up for a minitor IV.

garrett hitchcock

Forum Member

i dont have anything to compare it to but i like my minitor III
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Thread Information