Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default timeline from july 9th

received 1199 email on july 9th
    returned eletronically july 11th and mailed it on july 12th
    received call from fema on july 15 that we were awarded grant
    said it would take 2 weeks to get the offical email notification
    after two weeks without hearing anything started trying to contact fema
    took over a week and on august 8th talked to same person with fema and they said it has become a slow process to notify all congressman before making it official but she reasured me that we still had the grant. now that notification of round three will be tomorrow morning we still haven't heard anything "official" yet.

I read in our morning paper today that our US Senator announced recipients of funding from FEMA, and none of the departments he listed were named in today's round 3 announcement. I don't know if they were from a future round or just local to this paper's coverage area. Since we weren't listed, I just hope there are more to come.

Administrator

What paper was this? Do you have a web site link by chance? We're pretty sure Senators would only have the list for this round, but we can look into it.

WebTeam

First of all, since I was catching up on a weekend's worth of papers, it was the Sunday, August 11, 2002 Lafayette (Indiana) Journal and Courier. The article was an announcement from US Senator Richard Lugar and listed fire departments in Rossville, North Penn, Michigan City, Washington Township, Avon, Indianapolis, Cayuga, Eastern, Bentonville, and Jasper. I looked on the web page and the article was so small it is not there, but the web site is www.jconline.com. None of these departments were on the list on this web site under the 3rd round winners.

Typical government timing....that was the announcement of the SECOND round just coming out...on the eve of the 3rd round awards...sorry for the confusion...

Administrator

Hope he calls the Round 3 winners before 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not positive about this. But the same thing happened here in Iowa. There was an article in the paper about all these departments getting grants. I knew they weren't receiving FEMA grants. It turned out that these were USDA loans and grants and that might be the same thing that you come across.

TM

Default timeline cont.

well we were listed on the awards list for the 3rd round but still didnt hear anything from our congress rep. or the official email from fema...

Thread Information