Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default what's on your list?

You are assigned as a RIT team. What are some of the items on your list to stage with???
    "dfwscotty@hotmail.com"

Forum Member

When we are called to RIT are SOG is to set a tarp on ground close to the IC and assemble the following (in no particular order).

Spare SCBA (as long as our SCBA matches the type worn by the company we are providing RIT to). Chain and rotary saw, warmed up and ready to go. Set of Irons.
    Pike pole. Thermal Imaging Camera. Rescue Rope along with the rescue bag with the rope hardware. Utility Rope. Hand lights. Roof ladder. Ground ladder (length appropriate to structure). Closet hook. Bolt cutter. Sledge Hammer. Mechanics tool box. Basically, we unload the ladder truck onto the tarp (since we are the ladder company we are assigned RIT duties to other districts).

When the IC asks for the RIT to respond our officer then assigns (based on the type of emergency) each member of the RIT crew a tool(s).

Our interpretation of RIT is that we should be prepared for as many different scenarios as possible so we tend to overkill when placing equipment on the tarp. If we donít need it we pack it away but if the worst happens we want anything we need readily to hand.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

we'll stage with the following: two different brand SCBA RIT paks, set of irons, flashlights, recip saw, chain saw, spare SCBA bottles, pike poles, medical bag, backboards, KED, tagline, rope, chemical sticks and some other stuff i can't recall. this is all stored on a tarp out front of the incident.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Ryan,

What's the reason for the chemical sticks? We are currently going through some revisions/new thoughts with our RIC procedures. Your assistance (or anyone else using chem sticks for RIC is appreciated).

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

we use the glowsticks by taping them to rescue tools inside smoke filled rooms. for instance a red stick is taped to the axe while a green one is taped to a haligan. this way if you put the tools down or drop them they can be found and identified in dark smoke filled rooms. they can also be used to identify the different teams if needed.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information