Question Round 4 - Status / News

Congratulations again to the award recipients from Rounds 1,2 &3.

All of us remaining are the Round 4 Hopefuls.

Tomorrow is Tuesday-- what has been a typical email day for FEMA. Some of us are waiting for our first 5 question email, some for the 2nd Direct Deposit email, some just looking for some sign of communication --- all of us fear the dreaded "Dear John" mail.

* Any words of advice from the recent winners?
    * Any new emails from FEMA?
    * Any Round 4 news of any kind?

.... Still crossing fingers.....

FYI -

A list of all current 741 recipients to date is posted on the USFA web
    site at:

www.usfa.fema.gov/grants

HazMan i'll be waiting all night waiting for the big e-mail day tomorrow. At this point in time i am now completely bald, have no finger nails left, and my stomach turn every time i open my e-mail account. If i dont hear something soon i'm going to have to see if they have internet access in the looney bin. Good Luck and BE SAFE

Yes, they do have internet access there.... I was admitted this morning with those very symptoms. It's called: Acute FEMA Monetary Psychosis.

You can reach me in the waiting room of the Grant ward. Just ask for FIREACTfreak@bellevue.org

The above email is intended to be fake (i.e. not real, in jest).

Writer makes no representation or misrepresentation about bellevue.org or any of it's affiliates.

Forum Member

Hey Haz man, I know what you are going through. I was the same way last year and up until this morning when we saw our name listed. I was oncw told by a wise man "Good things happen when you are patient". Hang in there!!! Maybe you will be in Round 4.

Forum Member

Talking Waiting through the Insanity

After reading through most of the forums I've come to the conclusion that unless you see your name on the list or get the dreaded "Dear John" we all get to sit and go nuts wondering. We do have the mysterious "eXt" behind our contact number. This now sounds like it means nothing. ( ALthough it sure was fun getting my hopes up!) We have not had any links open up or for that fact even seen the links. Sounds like there is alot of good things happening around the fire service and I hope they keep it up. Heres to hoping we hear something tomorrow. Good Luck to all of you.

Lightbulb thinking too hard here.

Hopefully we all make it in round 4. After all, it doesn't make sense to ask us to fill out the 1199a and send us the questionaire unless they are seriously considering our applications. On the other hand, this is the federal govt. we are dealing with and they rarely make sense.

Forum Member

Lightbulb Round 4

For those of you interested, I've spoken several times with FEMA staff. A few of these individuals work directly in the department which is making the notices as to who gets grants and who does not. This is what they had to say regarding the 1199a and the E-mail request for further info. (5 questions). " If/when you recieve these items and once you've completed them, your folder is then sent to the FEMA procurment officer for final signature and then notification". Further, the statement was made that if you recieved these items (1199a/questions) it was all but assured you would funded. It took 1 month from the time I was first notified to the time our name came up on the list (round 3). Hope this info. gives some of you hope.
    FB

Forum Member

Default 1199s

From our observations, if you get the 1199 and the 5 questions either by phone or email, you are very likely to get the money. Last year they waited on the 1199s until after the awards were handed out. It was decided that there was much more incentive to get the paperwork done this way. Perhaps they know our reputation for taking care of paperwork.

Hope this eases the anxiety of those waiting.

Lon

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Last year, we did the 1199, at FEMA's request, and did not get a grant.This year we just didn't get to do anything. We really had our hopes up after they had to have the information ASAP. Oh, well, at least this year we didn't have to do that little bit of paperwork for nothing. Maybe we'll get to do it again next year.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Default 1199's and the 5 Q's

fhbob and jcchief....
    I recieved the request for the 1199 on jul. 9, but never got the 5 questions, our split is only $908. It may be possible they realize we can afford $900, or are we in grant limbo? any feelings?

Default The Mail

Expecting an Email from FEMA which will be the 1199 request or the Dear John... letter. We have had no contact since submitting the application.

How painful is this going to be, seeing an unopened message bearing either news which will bring elation or sorrow?

I read through the "eXt" posts this weekend, bumbled around and pulled up our online app. and sure enough we now have that #. Got excited, called my Chief (at work), he had me read the number...

it's his work extension.

So now I can add "stupid" to the range of emotions this whole deal has caused.

A couple a years ago I volunteered to just help put out grass fires, save my neighbors shed and the like.

How did I end up here?

This is exactly like flirting with the prettiest girl in school, asking her to the prom, then waiting for her to get back to you.

Sorry to ramble on, but my last thought is, what if they lost our app.?

How would we know.

More Valium please.
    "We guard Old Monte Ne, no reported structure fires in over 35 years".

(town submerged, 1965.)

In reading some of the posts on a different thread, where exactly is this link to the 1199A supposed to appear. I've looked over my application and find it nowhere. Either I don't have it which is the most likely answer or I'm not smart enough to find it - highly possible also.

Forum Member

I was not asked to fill out an 1199 when i recieved the questionaire. But was asked if my direct deposit info was correct as I had already filled out the 1199 during the grant application. ?????

Default ff1798

Go to your app and as soon as you put in your username and password it will bring you to the "STATUS" screen. If you look in the "ACTION" box or the box that says "VIEW APPLICATION" it will be right below that, or so I've been told. I am still waiting for it to appear on mine as well! Best of luck to ya!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Thanks for posting back. I checked the app and I don't have anything about the 1199 anyplace. Guess I'll keep checking and pulling what little hair I have left on my head out one at a time.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you had the link it would appear when you first log in and it would be under "View Application"

TM

Thanks. I'll keep checking

Default email

No reports of emails today. Just when you think you're on to something... they change the patterns.

Has anyone received any email messages through the FEMA application site or just via personal emails? Should we be checking the application page mail center?

Forum Member

Default email

I recieved the same questionaire email at my regular email and on the application message center.

Question

Has anyone received anything else from FEMA other then the dear John letters. Seems like all i'm seeing is turndown notifications and nothing positive. Good Luck and BE SAFE

It seems that, according to the Dear John thread, FEMA is indeed emailing -- Just not the kind of emails any of us want to receive.

I think I'll cross my fingers that I don't hear anything from them for at least another week or so.

Interesting that the application message center was where you got your email. I received the 5 questions back on 7/23 but only on my personal email. I'll have to check the message center more frequently - starting in about 10 more days.....

MembersZone Subscriber

I got a call from FEMA today with what I presume everyone is refering to as the "5 questions" - will we participate in NFIRS, can we fund our matching share, is the bank information on our application correct, etc.
    This is good - right?

Forum Member

Default Next Round

Looks like they are gearing up for next round. Our "5 Questions" were also done by phone and we were on the 3rd round.

Still holding my breath for our neighboring department. I wrote their application so feel somewhat responsible if they get turned down.

LDS

Thread Information