Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Strong of Heart...Weak of Mind

If you really must buy this book, use all bio-hazard protection measures when you handle it. It is written with the blood of our brothers.

You can fool all the strangers Tom, but you haven't fooled one of us who knew you.

What a shame, what a sham.

huh?

Forum Member

Nomad,

I would gather that the "Tom" in the good Lt's post is the x-commisioner. I guess thats one I won't read Artie, thanks for the pics and pans.

Dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Why is this guy so reviled? It seems strange for a guy that went from union president to being the boss to be so disliked by the troops.

Not trying to stir anything up or show disrespect, just curious.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

WTFD-10............that's just the point! He went from our Union President to being the Fire Commissioner, yet on the way somehow, he forgot he once was.........a Firefighter, mediocre but still a Firefighter. Vindictiveness ran rampart in his realm, and personal friendships were re-payed at the cost of anything decent. Not that this was bad enough.....but go back and scan those newsreels of 9/11........the guy in the background with his mouth silenced and agape is the Fire Commissioner. There is no possibility that this was other than a Fire department responsibility event...yet the FC deferred to the Police Commissioner, the Press, the Mayor.......as oppossed to saying anything but-"I just lost all my Rescues and Squads!" He certainly did that, and while at the reins, the Walkie-Talkie communications problem was still at large. BTW, the "(MUTT)" not only lost his Rescues and Squads, but several hundred other guys! I'd say in fact...Buy his book, it'll make some good bed-time stories for the kids, the innocent ones who know nothing!
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info RR, I'll pass on buying the book though
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

It is interesting to note that in last summers International Firefighter, there was a very unflattering article about the subject in question. It clearly laid out the problems and general lack of morale in the department in question. It has happend around here too..You know the big "union guy" who gets that promotion and BINGO..Things really change within that person(or were they like that all the time?)..

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Unhappy Crap....

Man, I just bought that book Saturday...

I'll be intrested to read it now seeing there is some fiasco about him. See if I can piece the puzzle together. The worst thing about leadership, sometimes you have to make dessisions that are unpopular. I will now have to read with a critical eye.

Be Safe... Drew
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Anytime you see this picture, except it says:
    "Hey (person being discussed in this forum), SUCK THIS UP!"
    On a bumper sticker on the back of a piece of fire apparatus in the city which the person is working for, you know it's bad.

Stay Safe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just bought that book Saturday...
    Drewbo,

Did you have a hard time finding it? It seems all the book stores have made the same mistake and placed this book in the non-fiction section. Let me assure you, It's Fiction!

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Question So what really happened?

Please, I am really interested now... What did he write that just was not true?

Being a History major (yeah I know BS degree) in college I like to see both sides of the story. It is really interesting, if you sit down 10 people that saw a single event, then they all will tell you something a little diffrent. Alot depends on what side they were on, bias towards ideals and such. You sure got me captivated. Awaiting the story you guys know.

PS- honestly I found the book misplaced in the childrens coloring book section. No seriously.

Later all, Drew
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

MembersZone Subscriber Engine5FF's Avatar

I was told by a Fr from Div 19 that the person in question was formerly with L-42 and that there is now (or at least was) a sign on the door of the station stating that he was not welcome to ever enter that house again. I am always sad to see fire departments hit with internal problems when there are so many outside who are out to get us.
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

Thread Information