Thread: Amber LEDs

This is true for NYS.
    You can run one blue light if your a vol. with an authorized blue light card from your Chief. You can run all the yellows you want. You just can't use them at the same time.
    Tom Bolanowski, Capt.
    NHFD

Yes, i am sorry i guess i left out that that was NYS.

Permanently Removed

Just another thought here, but every POV in NY has rear facing flashing lights. The common term for them is turn signals.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Help with a blue light

Does anyone know if in NY you can run a blue light to the front of the vehicle while running amber to the rear of the vegicle. Any info on this would be helpful so I can pusrchase my interior stroe setup. One dual dashmiser remote strobe on front blue/blue and two remote whelen yellow strobe dashmiser singles on the bakc all for $300 including switches and a 6x90 power supply with 9 flash patterns. Any info on whelen tir6 blue LEd would be helpful. Thansk.

Forum Member

We have amber arrow boards mounted on the back of some of our apparatus. They are found on the pumps which have a high speed roadway in their district(70kmh or greater) and on the aerials which also respond to mva's on high speed roadways to assist with scene safety. This came about as a result of a lawsuit after a young girl was killed after driving into the back of a pump which was parked at an accident scene on the freeway.( All emergency lights were flashing)Now we use the apparatus with the arrow boards and bring traffic to a near standstill.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Speaking of lights on POV's check out this pole on POV lights and tell me what you think. Put you opinions down on the pole. We are trying to get a feel for everyones reaction.
    http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=43496

Thread Information