Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Schools back in session/another senseless death

I found these articles about another fraternity house fire fatality. It seems every year we are losing college students to fire. I am not good at cutting and pasting but here is the link for August 13th. www.upgroup.com/gazette/loclnews.html

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Lightbulb

There is a fire prevention program available at the USFA-FEMA website where you can order a video and pamphlets on College fire safety for free. It might be a good idea to show high school seniors and their parents and also college students if you have a college in your area. Or invite the stundets, sororities, and fraternities down to the station for a tour and safety lesson if you can't go to them. Just some ideas. Add cooking safety (how many dorm rooms have illegal hotpots and burners), smoking, and the importance of waking up to a fire drill.....When you hold your Open House, make sure you send info to the college newspaper, radio station, and events department.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Thread Information