Thread: Fdny

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default Fdny

UFA and PBA Rally Thursday, August 15th, 2002
    (1200 to 1400 hours) Rain or Shine

The PBA and UFA are jointly conducting a rally on Broadway and 42nd Street on Thursday, August 15th at 1200 to 1400. The purpose is to inform the public of our inadequate compensation, and to put pressure on elected officials to come up with funding for raises over and above current offers. This is on short notice, but quick action is necessary for UFA participation prior to the pending PBA PERB ruling. It will clearly have an impact on the UFA, and we support the PBA 100 percent on this. After the joint press conference on this issue with Senator Charles Schumer this past Saturday, Pat Lynch asked Steve Cassidy if we would participate in the rally. Steve assured Pat that we will be there to show our elected officials that firefighters and cops stand united as never before. We are together in unity and ask the public to support us at this crucial time. Please turn out in force. This is your future we are fighting for.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

This is the city's worst nightmare, the PBA and UFA united.

In 1986, the PBA and UFA almost went into bargaining together. The "administration" leaked a little item to the media called:

"THE BATTLE OF THE BADGES"

As the headlines broke, both sides read and, somehow, believed this little piece of propaganda.

Whallah! The battle was born.

Not until the PBA and UFA stand united will they be equitably compensated. When they stop fighting for MORE work and work together, then and only then will their collective worth be seen and compensated.

Rally on Brothers. I'll be there but leaving early to attend a book signing in Carle Place, NY to set the other record straight. 8/15/02 is gonna be a fine day for me.

Forum Member

Thumbs up To our Brothers in the FDNY...

[size=large]Give 'em Hell![/size]
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

We will be watching..Imagine 42,000 (just a guess at the number)public safety employees working TOGETHER to improve wages,etc. It boggles the mind to imagine what you folks maybe able to accomplish. Good luck !

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default Cops, firefighters plan rally

By MIKE CLAFFEY and MICHELE McPHEE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
    Thousands of cops and firefighters will crowd Times Square Thursday afternoon to gather support for their pay hike battle, union officials for the NYPD and FDNY said yesterday.
    Firefighters and cops who worked at Ground Zero will be joined at the event by construction union members who worked alongside them on the rescue and recovery effort, officials said yesterday.

"We were there for the City of New York, and we want the City of New York to be there for us now," said John Flynn, Manhattan trustee for the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association.

Uniformed Firefighters Association President Steve Cassidy will be standing next to PBA President Patrick Lynch as a sign of solidarity. The UFA will have to negotiate its own contract in the coming months.

"Firefighters will join with our brother police officers to let our elected officials know that we can not be treated as second-class citizens any longer," Cassidy said last night.

"Every single firefighter that died on 9/11 was working without a contract for over five months, and yet not one of them hesitated to do the right thing," he added.

In a full-page ad scheduled to run tomorrow in the Daily News, the PBA and UFA are urging the public to come out in support of bigger contracts for the Sept. 11 heroes, said PBA spokesman Joseph Mancini.

Pols invited

"Now we need your support," says the ad, which features a photo of a cop and firefighter pulling News photographer David Handschuh to safety Sept. 11.

There will be a sound stage set up in Times Square for the rally, and the unions are inviting all local politicians to attend.

PBA officials said that Times Square, the crossroads of the world, was chosen because it symbolizes the role cops have played in transforming the city.

"Times Square used to be all peep shows and drug dealers. Now it's full of tourists and you have Disney there," said John Giangrasso, a PBA officer who is financial secretary for Brooklyn North. "We cleaned up Times Square. If that doesn't speak for the performance of police, I don't know what does."

City cops - who have been without a contract since June 2000 - have threatened to walk off the job on Labor Day. They were reportedly frustrated by a report in The News that an arbitration panel is poised to rule that police officers should get raises of only 5% per year.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

District Chief

Good luck my brothers and I echo the statements of our IACOJ President.....

Although we all agree that we are all overworked and underpayed this gesture of solidarity seems to be long overdue...

God bless you all.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

I hope that this will cause a wake up call for the leaders of NYC. I wish you all the best. When you've succeded, please come here and help out The Detroit Fire and Police Departments. This city usually holds our contract hostage for an average of 2 1/2 to 3 years before any settlement. Again I wish you the best and hope you succeed.

Maybe we could gather a large amount of public safety officers who will give of their time to go and help other jurisdictions with similar problems and politicians. Imagine a million public safety officer march not only on NYC but others as well. I think the polticians might pay attention then. We've been treated as second class long enough.

Cool Good luck

Good luck brothers! If I didn't have to work I would take a ride and join you!

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

GOOD LUCK BROTHERS !!!!!!
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

How about giving all of us interested viewers a report on the days events?

MembersZone Subscriber

Even though it was an NYPD rally and the NYPD has 40,000 members and the FDNY 10,000 members, reports put the FDNY turnout at nearly double that of the NYPD.

Here are the re-caps from the three major local papers.:

http://www.nycpba.org/press-nyt/02/n...816-rally.html

http://www.nycpba.org/press-nydn/02/...816-rally.html

http://www.nycpba.org/press-nyp/02/n...816-rally.html

Forum Member

Go figure. Firefighters doing more then their fair share of the workload.

Thread Information