Just emailed, the Pres, 2 Senators, a House Rep

Angry Bush kills extra 150 million

Lets not point a finger at one individual. The truth is, like so many other well intended bills, congress wants to add on so many admendments and add ons that the original purpose of the bill becomes very distorted.

Once again we see a lack of bi-partisonhip creating a problem and not responding to the true issue at hand. S*%t-can the politics, do what needs to be done and get the money to the fire service for training the front line home troops!

VOTE: These positions should not be a lifetime job. If they can't get in there and keep their country and it's people and service's a priority then they need to go, and don't think that it is just one individual.

Upon reading more about Bush killing the money, I would have probably done the same thing. When congress told him that the money all or nothing had to be spent, when it included alot of extra BS in the bill, I can't say I blame him for killing the bill.

At first, I was just like we all were..MAD AS HELL. I am now seeing the picture a little clearer that I have read more about this. The only person(s) to blame for this not being passed, is all of the congress members that keep adding and adding to the bill. I know that is who I am blaming for this not passing.

Thanks and BE SAFE
    Assistant Chief
    Tim Whitham
    Wood Heights Fire Protection District

Forum Member

What im hearing here is a lot of people that think the money is coming out of their pockets and the big bad pres did it. Remember that 150 mil is only 3% of that total 5 billion that congress wants to spend or flush? before you point your finger make sure you point it in the right direction.
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

Exclamation Stop the whining

Geez everyone.... where was all this complianing 3 years ago when we had NOTHING! Be gratefull that someone had the forsight to fund some of the issues we have been searching for.
    So the Prez kills a bill stuffed with pork. I would have done the same with all the crapola riding on it. Dont even try to blame the Prez for future FF fatalities either, can anyone accurately document how many lives were spared because of the FireAct? Use that info, put it out there for all to see. That may be more effective in finding more $, than crying and boycotting a hallowed event like the NFFF memorial. Bones, you hit this one sqaurely on the head!

Thread Information