Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Leather Work Boot Question

I posted this on the Firefighters Forum Section but thought I would also post here to help find information.....

Anyone ever heard of or have any information on a boot called:

RAINIER
    Style: R-2275

It is being sold locally here and marketed as an "approved" boot. The sales invoice says "safety toe"... After inspection, it appears to me to be some sort of composite toe...not steel. Additionally, the boot came with no information in the box and there is no tag or marking in it except the "size." I laughed when I saw the invoice hab been photo-copied and included in the photo copy a label that was for a MAGNUM HI-Tech with a "steel toe." Yet there is no marking on the boot...not even a name!

I find this very strange and if anyone has information you can reply here or by using my EMAIL Link.

Thanks
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Question

Stan...there are many 'Rainier" style work boots and/or hiking boots to choose from...made by different manufacturers. However, that specific "2275" does not ring a bell and searches using various search engines...come up blank.

I'd be suspicious, especially seeing the lack of documentation you noted.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Ed,

There is nothing on all 6 sides of the box (yes there are 6 sides to a box )except the word "rainier", and on one side a lable that is stuck on saying "7" and then "R-2275". The only lable in the boot says "Made in Taiwan". EDIT Just noticed that the word "Responder" is on top and bottom of box.... I also tried a search and came up with

http://rainierboots.com/ (the information in the search engine says my browser (Internet Explorer) will not recognize the page. So when I open it there is just a picture of the boot and a bunch of jibberish that I can not read.

A guy that also sells the "Magnums" is selling these locally and sold a pair to my significan other as well as another person she works with telling them that the boot was "approved safety shoe"

Anything else anyone can find is appreciated. I intend to look at IAFC next week and see what I can dig up.
    Last edited by captstanm1; 08-15-2002 at 08:04 AM.
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Ohhhhhh I am so extremely double extra heavy PO'ed !!!

I typed a big reply then when I went to post it - It kicked it out because my file attachment size was too large. Which in turn lost my entire reply.

Note to self - file attachment in forums sux rox !!

Anyhow - now that I have (semi) regained my composure - I'll start all over again.

First - The page opened fine for me in I.E. 5.50

Second - I managed to "work a little magic" and "print" the entire contents of their product page to an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file.

It was all the attempts to attach said file here that began to cause me grief - therefore I have uploaded the following files to my web site for any and all interested parties to download.

rainierboots.zip - 386 kb
    rainierboots.pdf - 1280 kb

Third - To save anyone the trouble of downloading this stuff (unless you want all the pretty pictures) - NOT ONE of their products carries any 3rd party certifications / approvals (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, Nothing).

The "About Us" page has the following:
    In 1980 Rainier International under the direction of Dr. Don Riggs, its president, began addressing the need for a comfortable, lightweight tactical boot for the Law Enforcement community. Dr. Riggs' background in the athletic footwear industry gave him the technical knowledge needed to design and perfect what has become a standard in the boot industry. In regards to research and development, he was one of the first to use dual density materials in the soles of footwear to protect and provide additional comfortable. Rainier International has always offered only high quality footwear that is worn not only by law enforcement and security agencies, but also by those that have discovered just how comfortable and lightweight boots can be.

The page also has an email graphic that links to : riggs65@worldnet.att.net

The page also list it's Snail Mail Addy & Phone/Fax numbers twice with slight discrepancies between them.

The first one (Which also had the e-mail graphic) is:
    Rainier International
    1741 Forrest Way
    Carson City, Nv 89706
    Phone: (775) 882-9001
    Fax: (775) 882-4289

The Second (and the one I believe to be incorrect) is:
    Rainier International
    1741 Forest Way
    Carson City, NV 89701
    Phone: (775) 885-9992
    Fax: (775) 882-4289
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Thanks my friend

I tried to look at those links and it would not let me...
    Last edited by captstanm1; 08-15-2002 at 01:56 PM.
    BMI Investigator

Arrrgghh - Foild again by the remote loading policy from tripod.

If you still need to see the info let me know and I'll create a "page" to host those files and link that instead.

BTW - sorry I didn't reply sooner - was on vacation.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Thread Information