Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default A Tribute to the Bravest

The following is quoted from the Memorial Mass Program of Battalion Chief Orio Joseph Palmer:

One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D. Souza. He said, "For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles WERE my life."

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.

..............Happiness is a journey, not a destination. Thought for the day: " work like you don't need the money. Love like you have never been hurt, and dance like nobody is watching."
    BC Palmer and Fire Marshall Robert Bucca were two of the bravest that made it to the 78th floor of the South Tower. Chief Palmer called for 2 engine companies to his location to knock down the pockets of fire he had found. He also is credited with comforting the survivors until the South Tower eventually collapsed.

Kinda puts things into perspective.......

In memory of Battalion Chief Orio Joseph Palmer, Fire Marshall Robert Bucca, and the remaining 341 New York City Bravest that did it right!
    Last edited by hfd66truck; 08-17-2002 at 09:30 PM.

Chief Palmers wife was quoted in the newspaper after she heard audio tape of the incident. I dont remember how it exactly went but, she said something to the effect that she heard no panic, no fear just her husband doing his job.....

Thread Information