+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Cheffie's kitchen come one come all IACOJ..

Attention all members of the IACOJ... the kitchen is open...

Breakfast
    Soft scrambled eggs with tomato and cheese and mint

Roasted Red Pepper Strata
    A fluffy oven baked omelet filled with roasted red peppers, sauteed garlic, mushrooms, herbs, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

An assortment of scones...warm cheddar, hazelnut, chocolate-chocolate chip.

Banana Cream Pancakes
    Homemade banana pancakes fluffy and golden served with a whipped banana cream puree.

Fresh Cherry Compote

Forum Member

Now thats what I'm talkin' about!

Sr. Information Officer

Default Re: Cheffie's kitchen come one come all IACOJ..

Originally posted by superchef

Banana Cream Pancakes
    Homemade banana pancakes fluffy and golden served with a whipped banana cream puree.
    Shizzzzammmm! Wait'l Andy hears about this...Aunt Bea, Aunt Bea, go get Opie, we're having big fluffy banana pancakes....Otis, you want some? Barney...easy on the syrup. Yeah Floyd...you heard right...REAL bananas...yes sirree! Hey, where's Goober...he might be hungry too.

Umm Good!

Cheffie...where are the Mayberry Muffins?
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed breakfast!

NJ-What kind of muffins would you like? I make great mixed berry, blueberry, chocolate chip, apple cinammon (made with carmelized sauteed apples. yummmm). All warm and fresh from the oven.

Any other flavors?

Forum Member

What, no grits?!
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

MembersZone Subscriber

What, no grits?!
    Anything for you. Grits it is. I'm here to keep the crew happy and the kitchen full of warmth and great food.

Chief Reason , there will always be a fresh pot of homemade ChiefReason's Spicy Hot Chili for you.

Forum Member

Default Do you take requests?

Got a nice, fresh, 120lb Mako shark Sunday that is being grilled tonight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I've been to the kitchen - and the cook is a goddess!

She is slender as a deer, moving through her kitchen with the grace of a deer running through the forest.

Her hair is red, like the sunset.

Her eyes are brown, like the deepening twilight beneath the trees.

The touch of her hands as she works is as light as an evening breeze.

The aromas wafting from the stove prime your senses for the wonders to come: the garlic, the shallots, the mushrooms, the spices.

And then, it comes: a meal that belongs in a 5 star restaurant. The presentation: an artfully prepared chicken breast laying on a bed of fresh spinach, surrounded by sauted mushrooms and other things too numerous to mention.

The conversation is stimulating and wide-ranging. Here is an artist skilled in her trade and in touch with the world. Her love of firefighters and her knowledge of her heroes are immense.

Cheffie - thank you. You are a goddess come to earth.
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ohio

{a very blushing Cheffie's face}

Thank you. I am left without words. Thanks also for the t-shirt. It has a place of honour as my new nightshirt.

However,I really think you liked my red leather alligator print ankle boots more than anything else.

Do me a favor though, clean out your PM box! I have been trying to send you a PM but your box is full.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cheffie,
    What can I say - the compliments are more than deserved.

The honor of you sleeping in my shirt - to know that something of mine is with you when you are most at peace.

The boots are exciting - the lady above them even more so..

Blushing - I'll take that as an unmistakeable sign of appreciation.

Just cleaned out the inbox. It's like a closet, you don't know how full it really is until you can't stuff anything more in there.

If I get to SF again, I won't stop drooling until I've had another one of your fine meals.

Ohio - notice how the "O"'s are even rounder????
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Forum Member

Default Re: Cheffie's kitchen come one come all IACOJ..

Geeze superchef, you're killing me here. The damn doctor already has me on lipator, you'll have me on life support but I still love your recipes..
    Originally posted by superchef
    Attention all members of the IACOJ... the kitchen is open...

Breakfast
    Soft scrambled eggs with tomato and cheese and mint

Roasted Red Pepper Strata
    A fluffy oven baked omelet filled with roasted red peppers, sauteed garlic, mushrooms, herbs, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

An assortment of scones...warm cheddar, hazelnut, chocolate-chocolate chip.

Banana Cream Pancakes

Fresh Cherry Compote

UAF

So, Cheffie, when are we going to see you on PBS and learn to make some of this wonderful stuff ourselves?

Do you ever go to the "Fiddler's Green" on Columbus? Best fish & chips in the U.S., first class lamb stew, too.

Disillusioned Subscriber

Hey, Ohio..... I may be coming to Clermont County in the next couple of weeks. We've gotta talk, soon, my friend!!
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Ohio

So you did find yourself you own personal "Woman of the Tundra" We gave Cheffie honourary status

Cheffie

Very nice I have one of those sleep shirts too, not from Ohio though

MembersZone Subscriber

Tempie,

Your designation is highly appropriate: Cheffie is worthy of great honor, and - San Francisco was pretty near tundra like. 50 degrees, cold wind, more fog than during most overhauls.

You want another sleep shirt - just follow Cheffie's lead.

(Ouch, ouch, ouch....Cheffie, PLEASE, put DOWN the knives .... I know you're the finest!!!)

MembersZone Subscriber

Bones

Did you catch that shark? How long is a 120 lb shark? Hope your grilling turned out great. And yes, I take requests.

Ohio

Thank you again. I read your post again and I am still blushing. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit to SF even if it was a bit chilly. But I seem to remember you liked the fact that the wind was blowing and you had to protect me from the forces of nature.

Firelt

The great thing about kitchens is that they are always warm and filled with the aroma of great foods. And of course great company. Id be happy to come up with some ideas for you. I have never put anyone on life support yet.

UAF
    Ive never been to the Fiddlers Green. As for PBS, not sure. I think Id be better at just starting at one end of the forums and going to all of your stations and cooking for all of you.

Tempie

It does make a rather nice night shirt.

Ohio

I thought I was special and you go back to Ohio and start passing shirts out left and right.

Now I have to go work on the next dinner. Any requests?

Last edited by superchef; 08-19-2002 at 10:39 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cheffie,
    I arranged the wind and fog specially - just to make sure you needed someone to keep you warm. I think that the part of you that isn't Irish is teddy bear - you cuddle so well.

Not only were you special, you still are. You're the only lady of the tundra sleeping in my shirt.

Just offering some of these other less fortunate ladies a chance to see how lucky you are. Please don't be jealous - your eyes are much prettier brown than green. Besides, I'll never again smell shallots and garlic together without thinking of you.

Forum Member

***Stayback enters the kitchen and immediately falls to the ground, unconscious from the most wonderous aroma...abound within***

Wwwwwhat?? Where am I? Wha-what's that delicious smell?? I have never smelled a more intoxicating essence.

***looks out the window to see Sam and the elephants (from another thread) charging toward the glorious aromas wafting from the kitchen.*** Uh-oh....

***Scrambles out the door, tries to fight off the elephants....gets scooped up by a massive trunk***

AAAAACKKKKK!!!! FRIGGIN' ELEPHAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!! PUT......ME......DDDDDDDOOOOOOOWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

***Elephant flails trunk wildly***

NNNNUUURRRPPPPPPHHHHH........YYYYYOU..........MUTH AFAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH..........SONOFAGAAAAAAACK..... LEAVE ME BE........ACKDAMMIT!!!

***Elephant shoves him face first into the shrubery, then tosses him ***

SSSSSSPPPPUUUUHHHHHHH!!! **spits out pine needles** Friggin' elephants!
    Last edited by StayBack500FT; 08-20-2002 at 09:00 PM.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

MembersZone Subscriber

Stayback
    I have never had a man fall unconscious from the aromas from my kitchen. If you ever head this way, I promise to keep you fully conscious, well fed and no elephants.

MembersZone Subscriber

Stayback,
    I promise you, there are no elephants at Cheffie's. There were several rhino's staggering around about a block away though. Oh, those were wino's, not rhino's.

No pine needles either - though I heard mention of pine nuts in salads.

Did I mention that a full first alarm assignment was waiting when I arrived? There was even a tiller - Seagrave I think. Guess Steamer was trying to sneak in. (Sorry, guy, there weren't any leftovers.) The engines were Pierce's though, almost like real fire trucks.

My suggestion: invite Motown and Steamer and have them play dueling banjoes on their bagpipes. That should scare the elephants (and the rhino/wino's) away.

Just remember - I got there FIRST and she's wearing MY shirt!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking she rings the dinner bell.....

Penne Pasta served with a mushroom marinara sauce
    Garlic, basil, fresh heirloom tomatoes, an assortment of mushrooms, simmered slowly to bring out the full flavors.. served with freshly grated Parmigian Reggiano

Freshly baked crusty sourdough bread, served with garlic herb butter

Salad of mixed baby greens, red and orange bell peppers, cucumbers, baby carrots..served with a sherry balsamic vinaigrette

A trio of sorbets..raspberry, peach and plum served with chocolate almond biscotti

MembersZone Subscriber

Ohio,
    Motown, Steamer, Puffy (can't forget my favorite Irishman!)Stayback, any and all are always welcome. And you can come back anytime Ohio.
    I just have to figure out how to get that first full alarm back here.

MembersZone Subscriber

And I thought the 1st alarm assignment was there because your dryer was broken and you were hanging your black lacy unmentionables from the balcony to dry.

Disillusioned Subscriber

Ohio, my brother Buckeye-
    I'm just tryin' to be in the right place at the right time! It's not the first time I've employed the use of a ladder in my social life. I've always been a Truckie at heart.

Cheffie-
    I'm not sure about Stayback or Ohio, but there's quite a bit of Irish blood between Puffy, Motown, and myself. Are you sure you're ready for that?? I really don't think you know what you're setting yourself up for.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

you said you take request so here it is

how about a nice steak, big baked patato, salad and ice cream

or douphin fish (typo) in butter sauce and backed patato

cant yyou come down to the land of cotton know as dixie???
    thanks
    2197 10-8
    2197 10-8<br />stay safe have fun stay healthy<br />
    nc firefighter/emt-d
    RFB-FTM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last

Thread Information