Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Default Paper Application info needed

If anyone knows of a department who filed a paper application, and if they got a grant,or not, I am researching the grant process as it relates to paper applications and I would like to get a total on paper submissions and how they did. Thanks, H Woods
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

I thought we weren't allowed to send paper applications.
    Last edited by mizflame98; 08-20-2002 at 08:49 PM.

Administrator

You could file a paper application, but online was preferred. The VAST majority of those submitted were online.

The final number of paper applications submitted was 50 out of 19,500!

Remember folks, we're only approaching Round 4. Less than 1,000 awards have been made so far, out of an estimated over 5,000 that will be.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Default Why I am looking....

I was told sometime back that there were very, very few paper applications submitted. Thanks to the web team for the total number. I am interested in finding out if ANY paper applications were funded. My rejection letter came so fast that I smell something foul. Were paper applications canned because they were on paper? Something wrong here, folks. I encourage everyone who was turned down to dig, dig, dig. Contact FEMA, Contact your Senators and house members in Washington. Don't ask, Demand answers, I have, and am continuing to do so. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Administrator

There is no reason to 'cry foul' over this. Again, contact your representatives and try to encourage them to provide more funding, more opportunities, etc. But making it seem like there was 'something foul" about the process isn't going to do it any good. If you got rejected, you're far from alone. Yet still, more grants are funded in this program (vs. the number of applicants) than MANY other programs and most programs don't give you feedback on what went wrong. This is a routine grant process. If you submitted a paper application, it wouldn't have gotten graded any different than an electronic application. You received your rejection letter, by your earlier posts, at the same time others were starting to receive theirs electronically.

Just realize asking for full information about your specific app, one of 20,000, is somewhat unrealistic and no different than many grant programs. Its only going to slow the process down. Ask someone who won to review yours, go back and read the guidelines and see if your request followed it. POST it here to get feedback so others can compare and give comments on what it did and didn't have in it that may have gotten it rejected.

We're not defending FEMA or the process, but trying to support it. Don't blame anyone for getting rejected, thousands were. Find ways to improve the system without laying some sort of conspiracy theory.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information