Forum Member

Default Rescue Chief Killed

This afternoon, the rescue chief of Ellerbe Rescue Squad, in Richmond County, NC. stopped to check on the patients of a wreck in his district. All patients were alright, until a car hydroplaned, and hit the chief, pinning him between the guardrail, killing him. He is survived by his wife, and a son, that i believe is a senior in high school. My prayers go out to his family, and squad, also to the other departments/squads in the county, as he was a great leader and influence on the county. He will greatly be missed. I am torn up by this incident, along with the rest of my personal family. I will post more information as I get it.
    Last edited by HF&R_H28; 08-21-2002 at 05:55 PM.

Default MY CONDOLENCES

MY HEARTFELT CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO THE CHIEF`S FAMILY.ANOTHER BRAVE MAN GAVE HIS LIFE SO OTHER`S MAY BE SAVED.HE WILL BE SADLY MISSED BY ALL FIREFIGHTER`S...REST IN PEACE BRAVE FIREFIGHTER
    Charles Hamilton.....northern mich

Default Thank You

I am Eric Moore, John Moore's son. I just want to take the time to thank all of you on behalf of my mother and myself. Your thoughts and prayers have made our loss much easier and I want you all to know how much we appreciate it. I joined Ellerbe Rescue 3 years ago, when I was 14, and I can only hope that my dedication to the service of others is at least half as good as my father's. He will be missed.
    For all the unsung heroes in world, I thank you for your perseverance and aid in times of trouble. Keep your heads held high and continue serving others, as my father did, until the very end. I give praise to all those who put their lives on the line every day to help those around you. The death of my father came as a shock to us all, but I want everyone to know that he died doing what he loved best, helping others. I thank you for your support.

Eric Moore
    North Carolina

Forum Member

Eric, My prayers are with you and your mother. I knew your father very well. He was a great man. I was at both the funeral and visitation. Your father was a very respected man, and will never be forgotten.

Thread Information