Thread: World Of Fire Report: 08-14-02
08-20-2002, 08:56 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 08-14-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, August 14, 2002
· 2nd Alarm – LAWRENCE, MA: Box 5111 at 11 Tenney St. Structure fire. *154.445* [TAC9-C32]. 12:10a.m.
· Update – LAWRENCE, MA: 2nd Alarm - Box 5111 at 11 Tenney St. Fire showing from a 3-story wood frame. All Companies working. *154.445* C33 [TAC9-C32]. 12:16a.m.
· LAUREL SPRINGS (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 102 Broadway for fire in a large 2-story dwelling. [EAN3305/3308]. 1:21a.m.
· CORNWALL (ORANGE Co.), NY: ++Bus Accident++ NYS Thruway @ MM 51.5. Bus accident with 15-20 aided, 5 serious. Request 4 helicopters, 1 from CT. M/A EMS Westchester & Albant Counties. NFI (MNS-516). 4:52a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 1679 at Pacific St @ Sackman St. Fire in a occupied multiple dwelling, 2nd floor. Possible extension to 3rd floor. S/C Hazmat Co.1. NFI (MNS-516*IAP) * 6:41a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 2nd Alarm Box 1679, Sackman & Pacific Streets. Heavy fire on 2nd & 3rd floors of a 3-story frame building. DIV-15 reports DWH. [EAN100]. 6:44p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 1679 on Sackman St @ Pacific St. Fire in a occupied multiple dwelling. All fire knocked down on the 2nd & 3rd floors. Primary search negative. PWH. [MNS-516/88*]. 7:20a.m.
· FARMINGTON, NH: MVA/MCI - South Main St. by the golf course. 7-1045's. M/A Milton and New Durham Rescues. *154.37* [TAC9-C32]. 8:07a.m.
· STLFN: (0930hrs) ST.CLAIR Co., IL: Lebanon FD is on scene of a serious *MVA* on Rt.4. Extrication was used. O’Fallon FD is on stand-by @ Lebanon FD’s Engine house # 1 (STL 835). 10:29a.m.
· ABINGTON, MA: Extensive brush fire off of Linwood Street at "Ames Nowell State Park" Large area of brush burning. Several towns’ mutual aid to the scene. *482.950* C67/C227 [TAC9-C461]. 10:42a.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: 1st Alarm+ for a Chlorine leak from a holding tank at 1785 Highway 61/67. S/C for extra equipment to a staging area. Some evacuations have been made of the immediate area. [STL810]. 11:13a.m.
· FESTUS, MO: Fox & CNN report Haz-Mat Incident. Hose ruptured during RR tank car unloading. Had 186,000lbs Chlorine. Estimate 80,000lbs remain. Haz-Mat Team with Level-1 suits may try to shut off. 1 worker to hospital. Estimated 50 civilians treated. [HNAN/BILLD]. 11:56a.m.
· CRALEY PA: 3rd Alarm Equiv. at 2620 Craley Rd. Have a dwelling fully involved. Drafting operations lock 2 on the Susquehanna River. Additional M/A from Lancaster Co. [DC/PA1]. 11:57a.m.
· Update - ABINGTON, MA: Extensive brush fire off of Linwood Street at "Ames Nowell State Park"-Large area of brush burning. Request for a Forest Task Force to the scene. C67 [TAC9-C461]. 12:13p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update - 1st Alarm+ for a Chlorine leak from a holding tank at 1785 Highway 61/67. Additional evacuations have been made. Haz-Mat Team preparing to enter area. Chlorine cloud is close to ground with light wind. Ongoing situation. Hwy 61/67 shut down both directions. [STL810]. 12:36p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - LIBERTY (SULLIVAN Co.), NY: 125 Hallhill Rd near Old Rt. #17. Structure fire. M/A to scene. [MNS154*]. 12:40p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - GILMANTON, NH: Brush fire off of Gale Road. Extensive brush fire. Staging mutual aid Tankers and Forestry Units. *159.90* C603 [TAC9-C461]. 12:54p.m.
· COLUMBUS, OH: **2nd Alarm** 7608 Kittanset Ln. Have a fully involved structure. Companies now going to defensive mode. Fire Prevention special called. [FPO/D284] (c). 1:02p.m.
· HAMBURG TWP. (LIVINGSTON Co.), MI: *2nd Alarm* 9780 Hamburg Ct x Winans Lake. Working fire in a dwelling. M/A Brighton, Green Oak & Putnam for Tankers & MP. MON:154.010 (FNNM 755). 1:35p.m.
· 3rd Alarm - GILMANTON, NH: Brush fire off Gale Road. Extensive woods fire. M/A Tankers and Forestry Units requested. *159.90* C603 [TAC9-C461]. 2:01p.m.
· STLFN: EAST ST.LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: At 1330hrs - ESTLFD Engines 424 & 425 responded to a vacant Warehouse fire at 17th & Broadway. E425 reported smoke showing. E424 assisted. Building was 200' x 200'. Debris was burning along wall & ceiling inside. Fire knocked down in 20 minutes. [STL997]. 2:30p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: All Companies working at 165 West Canton Street. Fire in a 3-story brick row house. Companies charging lines. *483.1875* C67 [TAC9-C461]. 2:32p.m.
· YORK, ME: Woods fire at the end of Mill Pond Rd. M/A requested to the scene. Request EMS for a Firefighter with chest pains. *154.265* [TAC9-C32]. 3:02p.m.
· OGUNQUIT, ME: Extensive brush fire off Meadow Lane. Mutual Aid from Forestry, Tankers & manpower to the scene. *33.70* [TAC9-C32]. 3:26p.m.
· FALMOUTH, ME: Working fire at 122 Brook Rd. 1.5-story wood frame 24x36 with fire on 2nd floor. M/A Cumberland Engine as FAST Co. *154.98* [TAC9-C32]. 3:48p.m.
· CAROLINE Co., VA: 3rd Alarm Equiv. Kennedy St @ Caroline Village. Large brush fire with extension to structures. Caroline Co.'s: 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Spotsylvania Co.'s 8 & 4 + Forestry on scene. Hanover on standby. *154.385* (VFN102). 3:57p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 4034 Kensington x 40th Street. Smoke showing from a 1-story frame. CAR105, P18, P35, R11, R9 (RIT), T5. [KCFN-02]. 5:00p.m.
· Update – KANSAS CITY, MO: Correct address of 4026 Kensington x 40th St. Fire in a 1-story frame single family dwelling. (2) 1.75” lines off at this time. INV210 en-route. [KCFN-02]. 5:03p.m.
· CHARLES Co., MD: **2nd Alarm** Brush fire at 7155 Annapolis Woods Rd. [DC5]. 5:44p.m.
· BARRINGTON, RI: Working fire at 23 Waseeka Ave. Fire in a 1-story Commercial building. Heavy smoke showing. *153.950* C304/C51 [TAC9-C319]. 7:29p.m.
· ARLINGTON Co., VA: **2nd Alarm** Townhouse fire - 2 units involved on Glebe Rd & Ives St. Heavy fire showing. [DC5]. 7:29p.m.
· ARLINGTON Co., VA: ***3rd Alarm*** Ives St & Glebe Rd. Heavy fire involving 2 units. Defensive operations. [DC5]. 7:31p.m.
· Update - ARLINGTON, VA: **2nd & 3rd Alarms back to back** Ives St & S. Glebe Rd. 2-story house heavily involved - extending to exposures. [DC2]. 7:32p.m.
· Update – BARRINGTON, RI: 23 Waseeka Ave. Fire in a 1-story Commercial building. All heavy fire knocked down – PWH. *153.950* C51/C304 [TAC9-C319]. 7:41p.m.
· ARLINGTON, VA: 3rd Alarm update: 3145 S. Glebe Rd. Fully involved Townhouse with extension to exposures 2, 3, & 4 in complex under construction. Water problems & live wires down. Master streams fire building & handlines in exposures. [DC2]. 7:45p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working structure fire @ 2707 Bacon x Montgomery. Smoke showing - 1 line off. PUMPERS: 17-10-8, HL15 (RIT), BC801. [STL899]. 8:10p.m.
· ARLINGTON, VA: Update - *3 additional Engines* 3rd Alarm at 3145 S. Glebe Rd. Still pockets of fire in original Townhouse. All exposure fires & secondary brush fire under control. Additional Engines for manpower & relief. [DC2]. 8:41p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: All Companies working on Box 7262 Boston at Bellflower Streets, The Cashman Building. 2 fully involved box trucks extended to the building. Co.'s charging lines. *483.1875* [TAC9-C32]. 9:38p.m.
· CLARENCE (ERIE Co.), NY: *General Alarm* at 4265 Research Parkway. Fire in a lithium battery Factory, with possible hazardous materials involved. Extensive M/A to fire for Foam & manpower. All members to wear SCBA in area. MNS5627 [MNS342]* 10:46p.m.
· MILFORD, MA: Working fire on Water Street. Structure fire. I/C reports fire knocked down. Co.'s engaged in extensive overhaul. PWH. *453.125* [TAC9-C20]. 11:09p.m.
· ST. ROSE (CLINTON Co.), IL: Working barn and hay bale fire at 7304 Cemetery Rd. M/A from Clinton and Madison Counties. NFI-ATT. [CIFN*1]. 11:25p.m.
· WINESBURG (HOLMES Co.), OH: 2nd Alarm on Fire Box 905 @ County Rd 200 Rt. 241. Fully involved Barn fire. M/A Wayne County for Tankers. (FPO/700). 11:34p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for August 14, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Columbus: Haz-Mat 1233 West 5th Ave. Cos: Eng 25, 51 (Grandview Heights), 7, 18, 4, Lad 10, 13, Res16cuE, Res17cuE, Res71enG (Upper Arlington), Res4cuE, Decon 4, Med 7, 1, EMS 11, Air Supply 1, SO 2, BN 1, 3. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: Haz-Mat 1233 West 5th Ave. BN 1 reports situation under control. Holding all companies except Grandview Heights Eng 51 & Columbus Med 7. FPO/D217 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 579 for 1523 East 38th "Pano's Restaurant". Cos: Eng 13, 6, 8, T/L 1, DC 311. Eng 13 reports smoke showing. FPO/D801 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 579 for 1523 East 38th. Eng 13 reports quick K/D of fire in basement. S/C FI 3, 4, & Health Department. FPO/D801 ©
Columbus: 2nd Alarm 7608 Kittensat Lane. Lad 32 requesting 2nd alarm for a fully involved structure. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: 2nd Alarm 7608 Kittensat Lane. Eng 164 (Truro Twp) laying a big line. 1st Alarm Cos: Eng 32, 23, 164, Lad 32, Res4cuE, Med 32, BN 6. 2nd Alarm Cos: Eng 5, 4, Lad 23, Res592cuE (Violet Twp), Med 23, BN 4, 181 (Madison Twp), 592. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: 2nd Alarm 7608 Kittensat Lane. BN 6 (Bishop) has commans, and requesting everyone out of the bldg. Defensive mode. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: 2nd Alarm 7608 Kittensat Lane. BN 6 reports fire K/D. Holding 1st alarm companies and Eng 4. Add EMS 16, ES 2, SO 2, & Box 15 Canteen to the card. Fire Prevention S/C'd. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 85 West Tompkins Ave. Cos: Eng 13, 16, 19, Lad 13, 1 (Top Gun), Res16cuE, Med 13, BN 3, 1. Med 13 reports 2 sty duplex. FPO/D284 ©
Colubmus: W/F 85 West Tompkins Ave. RIC: Eng 7, Med 7, EMS 13, SO 2. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 85 West Tompkins Ave. BN 3 (Devine) reports fire K/D. Cancel the RIC. Holding all others. FPO/D284 ©
Bazetta Twp (Trumbull): MVA/PIN/ROLLOVER 2800 Block of SR 305. 1 car MVA. Cos: Med 13, 12 (Cortland), Squad 121, Res11cuE, Eng 12. TC911/FPO/D256 ©
Piqua (Miami): MVA/PIN on Troy-Sidney Rd. Car over embankment. 5 minor injuries, 1 pinned. M/A Medic from Troy S/C'd. FPO/D320 ©
--- Pages Today: 13
--- Pages YTD: 2923
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Boise Idaho Report
-9526hrs - Sprinkler stop - 8000 S. Federal Way (Southeast) = Sprinklers have contained a fire to one room in an office bldg at the Micron Computer Complex > E12, T1 working
-0705hrs - W/F - 3500 W. Chinden Blvd #1 (Garden City FD) = Have a R/C fire in OR apartment of 1-stry wdfr. > E5, 202, T1 working.
-1749hrs - MVA/Ext - I-184 on the flyover (Southwest) = Have a two auto pile-up w/ 1 pinned > E6, T6, BC2
Keyport, NJ - 13:30 8/14/02
Working Fire in a 2 Story frame 131 Second St Cross Waverly St. fire in the rear 1fl, 2 lines stretched , 1 operated , 1 stretched to the 2fl for possible extention. Searched negative at time of control. Units Responded, 2276, 2273, 2291, 2275, 2274, 2266, 2269, Matawan Boro as Fast team. Timeof Control 14:30.
Bronx, N.Y. 08/14/02 @ 16:00 hrs.
Upper Morrisania south of Crotona Park
address: 1472 Boston Rd.
between: Stebbins Ave. & Bristow St.
2784 @ 15:47
Engs. 82, 50, 46, 45*
Lads. 31, 19
Rescue Co. #3*
Squad Co. #41*
*4 Engs. / 2 Tks. / Res. & Sqd. due to many calls
10 - 75 - 2784 @ 15:51
TowerLadder 58 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Batt. 26 Division 6
2 Story Brick 400 x 500 Commercial ( former skating ring )
C.I.D.S. information: Vacant former skating ring, now used as storage of tires and matresses.
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 2784 @ 15:52
Batt. 18 reports, All hands going to work on arrival.
Special call ( 2 ) additional TowerLadders "K"
TowerLadders 44 & 17 are s/c
Batt. 18: Fire is Still Doubtful. Size up is per your CIDS information.
Division 6: All visible fire has been extinguished. Trucks "Opening Up" Checking for extensions. Primary search still underway. Setting up fans, have quite a large amount of smoke in the bldg. Fire Still Doubtful.
Division 6: Primary search is negative in the basement & 1st. floor. Primary search is negative on the 2nd. floor. Special Call Haz. Mat; we have propane tanks in the bldg. "K"
Haz. Mat. #1 is s/c
Division 6: Probably Will Hold. Using ( 2 ) fans to ventilate the bldg. Trucks using thermal imiging camers to check for any extensions.
Division 6: Fire is UnderControl. Secondary search of the 2nd. floor is negative. Secondary's still in progress on the 1st. floor.
Division 6: Secondary searches completed thru out and is negative.
Manatee County, Florida
Wednesday Sept 14th
At 17:41, Southern Manatee Fire Dept was dispatched to a reported house fire at 6951 Cumberland Terrace in the University Park Sub-Division. 911 Calls reported fire through the roof of a 1 story unoccupied home. E-351 & Batt-3 (Herb Smith) were first to arrive, confirming a working fire.
Fire Conditions and the potential of the roof collapsing forced crews to be pulled from the home and begin a exterior attack. The Fire is curently under investigation but preliminary reports are pointing to a lightning strike as the cause of the fire. 3 Engines, 1 Tower Ladder and various support staff responded to this call.
John Mercer, Captain
Emergency Communications Center
941-749-3080 ( FAX )
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for August 14th:
1903: The new quarters of E-23 @ Saratoga St & Tyson Alley, Downtown North, was occupied by the 2nd section of E-15 until 12/1/1903 when E-23 was placed in active service = General Order #266 & General Order #280 - During this time period, E-15-B as the 2nd section of E-15 was known as, ran on all boxes north of Baltimore St, while the 1st section responded on Baltimore St & south - The station is a 2 story brick building with (2) doors & is 80' deep x 50' wide - The Chief Engineer & the reserve Hale Water Tower were also relocated in the new firehouse. (TUH*WS)
1915: 4-2's Box#32 & 4-2's Box#318 - 0408hrs - 309-311 Saint Paul St - Downtown North - Fire involved the 3 story brick Goldstrom's Furniture Factory - DC Engineer Lewin H. Burkhardt sounded the 4-2's @ once as the building was fully involved - Adjoining was Saint Elizabeth's Home, whose inmates were forced to flee amid great tongues of fire licking the wall of the Hospice - Chief Engineer August Emrich ordered 4-2's sounded from Box#318 @ 0430hrs & the fire was confined to the factory, which was gutted - The Fire Board commended all members concerned for the masterful, intelligent, & efficient way the fire was fought. (TUH)
1951: 3 Alarms - Box#6321 - 1325 Key Hwy - South Baltimore - Fire involved the O'Brecht Feed Company. (CHM1)
1980: 3 Alarms - Box#8722 - 3301 Ridgewood Ave - Arlington (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Acme Auto Supply Company. (CHM1)
2000: Box#36-7 + Hazmat & Special Calls - 1041hrs - Warwick & Arunah Aves - West Baltimore - Fire involved natural gas in a manhole - Silent alarm @ 1041hrs = E-29 from E-36 - Special call @ 1051hrs = E-23 & E-57 (Foam pumper) - Fill out the box @ 1055hrs = E-30, E-20, E-8, T-8, T-18, & BC-3 - Hazmat @ 1101hrs = E-35, E-58, T-21, Rescue-1, Hazmat-1, Air Cascade-1, & BC-6 - Special call @ 1248hrs = Car-414 (Box#414 Association Canteen Unit) - Transfers = T-20/T-21, E-31/E-35 - "B" Shift. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
Find the newest photos added to the website on the Site Update Listing Page or be updated by e-mail when new fire photos are added by subscribing to the Fireground Photos.net Update Mailing List
Fire Rescue International
Any WOF subscribers coming to Kansas City next weekend (Aug 23-26) for Fire-Rescue International (IAFC conference) be sure to stop by the Ferrara booth and see my baby, Engine 22, black over red Inferno pumper. Also, stop by the W-H-P training towers booth 2701 where I'll be working most days and say Hi. Exhibition hall hours are 1100-1700 Fri and Sat, and 0900-1400 Sun.
Jeff DeBell (KC-01)
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(ICP) Incident Command Page of Arizona, Inc.
[ICP963] Roy Schahrer
P.O. Box 16800-349
Mesa, Arizona 85211
Paging carrier: Pagenet and Arch
Phone # (602) 259-6055
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)