Thread: ISO Field Audit

Forum Member

Default ISO Field Audit

Need help and information. I am with a volunteer dept. in VA and just got a call from an ISO field agent who says its time again for an audit. The last time we did this was in 1985 (before my time as secretary). The agent has been helpful with pre-audit info but I would like to know where I can get more info on what needs to be on each truck, etc. The records from 85 are sketchy at best. We currently carry a 5/9 rating and want very much to maintain this so any info. I can get would be appreciated.

I might suggest that you get in contact with the ISO rep. again and ask for the punch list. If they are unable to provide then contact the ISO directly. This is not something that is private so they should be forthcoming with the info. It has been my personal experience that these lists are not only useful to confirm compliance but also for training/planning, as well as setting a plan to advance the ISO rating (if possible). For small communities, advancing the ISO level becomes an issue of economics whereby the cost to go to the next level not only becomes too expensive to implement but also the insurance rate effect does not yield significant results. Best of luck and if there is more that I can do, please let me know.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

check out http://www.isomitigation.com/fire2.html
    there are some sheets and useful information there. we just had ours last month and the stuff listed is what they went by to have. good luck on your audit.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Default Thanks

Thanks, to both replies
    the ISO website was very helpful and our ISO rep has been great so far answering questions and providing info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

The link below I have found very helpful in reviewing for ISO audits. The author claims to update the book every three months with the latest and greatest. Good Luck!

www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6658/askiso.html

Thread Information