Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default How is everyone being contacted by FEMA.

I see that on the 19th ebson said his department got the 5 question. I know the "Dear John's" are coming over e-mail and the 1199a link is on the app and you are being notified thru email, but how are you getting the question's?
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

JamesB,

We received the 5 questions on 7/23 via my personal email.

Although, I must say that I hesitantly replied to your thread with such information for fear of being singled out by those that were sent "Dear John's.." as being "undeserving" and "not as needy". You don't know just how needy a deparment is until you've spent a day in their turnouts.

I can assure you that if I receive a "Dear John" tomorrow or the next day I will not participate in the "sour grape" threads regardless of my disappointment.

To date we haven't received any other communications.

Default Thank's HazMan

Thank's for the info. I haven't heard anything, "Dear John" or the questions yet, so I guess I am still in the running for now. I know what you mean by the "LYNCHING" going on thought I have been staying low!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Our department received the 1199a request via e-mail on July 9th and received the "5 question" email on August 5th... the 5 question e-mail said that i could respond back to fema either by reply e-mail or by calling the gentleman that sent it at the number given in the questionare... i called him with our response, with the motive of trying to "glean" additional information... he said that it could possibly be several weeks before we would hear of any grant approval... that's about all i gathered from our conversation... falls in line with other stories here in the forums...

For those of you that have recieved the 5 Q's.... did it come via personal emails or the fema mail center on the application page? Still no word since 7/9 when we got the 1199 email. Keeping them crossed.

Forum Member

We got the 1199 by email on july the 9th, and got a phone call from FEMA on july 24th for the 5 questions, I was told to expect a confirmation email 3 to 4 weeks after that, which i got last thursday. We were posted as a recipient in the third round.
    I asked the guy from FEMA and he told me that we scored a 94 on our application.
    $52000 federal share for 16 complete sets of turnouts, 16 new SCBA and extra bottles, PASS devices, a positive pressure fan, 1,200 feet of 3 inch hose and 800 feet of 1 1/2 inch hose.
    We have an average annual budget of about $12,500 from Act 833 funds, fundraisers and donations, so this will help us update faster than the 10 to 15 years it would have taken otherwise. Any gear and equipment of ours that is still useable will be sent to other departments who need help, either directly to some close to us or through Helping Our Own, Inc, www.helpingourown.org ,
    I am also the Arkansas coordinator for HOO and I can say without a doubt, it is terrible the way thousands of depts are struggling
    to get by. There are entirely to many who dont have ANY or very little Basic gear and equipment across the USA, all the while millions of dollars worth of used and surplus gear is being destroyed or shipped to other countries every year. For those who dont get a grant this year i say keep trying, I learned a ton over the last year mostly from people who were evaluators, and looking at some of the successful apps from last year and from other grants over the last few years. Some apps were turned away simply because the right words werent in it. Many more were turned away because it was too obvious that a huge line of bull was being presented. The best policy is to be truthfull, and explain in the greatest of detail about your area and why you need the funds.
    I wish everyone could get a grant but they wont and that is just the cold way of the world.
    Everyone needs to apply every year. the more need we show, the more likely the help will come.
    Thanks,
    Capt Tyler Sitzer, Weiner Vol Fire Dept, Weiner, ARK &
    Ark cordinator for Helping Our Own, Inc

Forum Member

Default July 9 email

How many out there that received the request for the 1199 on a July 9 email still haven't heard anything else? I've seen some that were already awarded, some got the 5 Q's and read of one that received it in error!

thoskin,

received the 9 July email for the SF 1199a - called after round two and was told "we were suppose to receive" the SF 1199a request(take that for what its worth). Still have not received the questionaire. So, I guess we just wait and see. Trying to stay busy with other stuff..................

Default thoskin...

See my earlier post, still nothing as of today.

Liked i said before got the link to the 1199a on July the 9th, got a phone call from FEMA asking the 5 ?s I asked the lady after the 5 ?s if we got the grant her reply to me that we will be hearing some news after the first of the month. Just can't stand the games anymore.
    Be Safe

Sorry should have said I got the phone call this last Tuesday the 20th of August. I asked the guys in the FEMA booth at Fire Rescue International if it meant we got the grant by getting those few things and they winked at me and said that it was a good sign.
    Be Safe

Forum Member

Default received voice mail

I was out of town the majority of last week and when I came home I had a voice mail. The first part of the voice mail had been cut off or something. The voice mail came in on Thursday, Aug 29. The portion that was on my voice mail was..."<hold music>....<ringing>....(female answers) FEMA National Emergency Training Center" The she hung up since nobody was there to talk to her.

Besides the voice mail above we haven't received any communication from FEMA.

Any ideas? Should I call FEMA? I figured I would just let it go. If they need to talk to us they'll call back I imagine.

WWW.PVFD.NET

Thread Information