Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Brothers and Sisters Helping Brothers and Sisters

Here is a few Questions that goes out to both all my sisters and brothers in the Career and the Paid on call or Vollies...

1). What can another Firefighter do in another community when his/her neighboring communities Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chief are not only a discrace to the badge, but the worst management team that a fire service has ever seen.. (Father is Chief , Son is Assistant Chief).

2). What rights do "At Will Employees" or " Just Cause Employees" have when they are being openly harrassed and threatened with lies and rumors by the Chief, Assistant Chief, A Sgt and fellow officers. The rules and regulations say one thing, yet because the Assistant Chief is also a Township Trustee many problems get swept under the rug...

I have several close friends on a local department that needs help.. the "Haves" or " Good Old Boys" seem to be creating many more problems that could potentially endanger the lives of the citizens and firefighters with thier actions or inactions... I need your insight my Sisters and Brothers...

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy SOS received

Would the local media be interested in this "situation?"

Send a note to the local papers...and TV news people, expressing your concerns. They just might pick up on it. Explain WHY this might be detrimental to the town and it's peoples.

Other than that....is there a County or State organization that could exert some pressure where it's needed?

Good luck. I hope you can make a difference.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

you might try going to the city/county comission as long as everyone in the dept is unified and in agreement there is definately strength in numbers

"At Will" and "Just Cause" would be terms of employment versus having a contract (reguardless of a union or not) (in general terms).
    Harassment is a completely seperate issue. Even though the employee maybe "Hire at will" there still are some laws that may protect the employee, varing from state to state.

There are many different ways to go about change, but I would think that this would be a "higher profile" issue atleast in the local community. The most important thing is to document everything, voice record if possible. Once you have solid documentation then you can procede with local news media and anybody at or above trustee level.

Thread Information