Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Requesting Funds from FEMA's Fire Grant Program

Any successful applicants have advice on requesting funds from FEMA? Their "Award Package" states that one must fill out a form SF270, but they also say that one requests funds on-line in September. Are these both the same? How long does it take for the direct deposit process to work? Any experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Default SF270 on-line

My understanding is that the sf270 will be avail. to fill out on-line and then submit. Once that is completed it should be 2-3 weeks before the money is deposited. That is just how I have understood it to work.

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Default SF270

I found the SF270 on the FEMA website. It is an Adobe formatted download that I suppose we would have to print out and mail. If the web team has any info on whether we can fill this out now and mail this off, we would appreciate it. BTW, here is the link for the SF270:

http://www.fema.gov/ofm/grants2.shtm
    Last edited by mizflame98; 08-24-2002 at 09:32 PM.

Thumbs up If Awarded, Send it!

Recieved a reply to an e-mail that I sent to FEMA asking when I could get access to the SF270. The reply instructed me to go to the site (you have listed) and do it NOW! Went to it on WED. and then mailed the form to FEMA the same day. FYI: Still don't have the elec. link to sf270 on app. site.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

John King - Ditto on the SF270, Al Connors replied to my e-mail in the same manner. I think we asked the same questions, when is the money ready? and how do we request it?

I brought down the SF270 adobe file, but haven't printed, completed or mailed it yet. Seems that the award package said not to request funds until your ready to spend the money. Something along the lines of not keeping the money in your account for more than 3 weeks.

Remember, the Guvment wants to earn the interest on the money, not us. Which is fine by me, as long as I get the principle.

We probably won't need the funds until the web-based version of the SF270 is ready anyway. Still going through bids, setting up dog-and-pony shows, talking with distributors, manuf. reps, etc. Which is such a headache, but one that I really enjoy !!!! No pain, no gain.
    Grant me the strength to change things I can, accept what I can't, and to know the difference.

Thumbs up "dog and pony"

We got most of that done while we were waiting to hear about our application. There were many willing to work with us while we were waiting even thought they "suppliers" new that there was no gaurantee that we would get a grant. So when we recieved official notification, we began placing orders. Some items have come in already, much sooner than expected. For example: Our PPV van was expected to take 4 weeks to get here and came in one week! I don't think that the FEMA funds will sit in the bank very long!
    Congrats to all and good luck to all still waiting!

Forum Member

Lightbulb

The 270 form, Request for Advance or Reimbursment, is going to be set up online, but has been delayed. Fema expects it to be up some time this month. Then you can complete the form and submitt it electronically. There is going to be a 2-3 week wait after you have submitted the form before the funds will be deposited into your account. Also remember only to request the funds when you are ready to spend them. Fema doesn't want the funds sitting in you accout longer than 3 weeks, because it's illegal to gain interest on grant money. Hope this helps
    Firefighters are Crazy!! But God bless each one of you all!!

Default SF270 ONLINE

Anyone heard of any new news regarding the online process of requesting funding? We're finishing our bid preparation so we'll need some $$$$ soon, and the online process was supposed to be available by now.

Anyone that printed off/filled in/sent their own SF270 (as pereviously posted) have any luck getting their money yet?

Unhappy SF270 Funds Request

NOTHING YET!
    FEMA has had our SF270 for 21 days now! The award package says to expect it to take 3 weeks before the funds are deposited. I hope to hear something soon.
    Congrats to all who have been awarded a grant and good luck to all still waiting!
    Last edited by jmkfire; 09-30-2002 at 08:13 PM.

Forum Member

SF 270 form will be online within the week. For award winning departments that are ready to spend your money the time is here. John King you might wanna call the help line I heard they weren't accepting paper 270 forms. I heard it from the guy William that answeres the phone. Congrats and have fun shopping
    Firefighters are Crazy!! But God bless each one of you all!!

Ditto with what FiremanRCrazy stated. Was told by FEMA that they would not be accepting paper SF270's and the online version will be ready in a week. Reason they gave me was that they were still working on FY2001 funds. Don't know if any of the paper applications were funded - but would hope they would take a hardcopy SF 270 from them. Anyone get any other reason?

Angry No Paper Forms

Recieved a e-mail reply from FEMA today. Apparently there has been some miscommunications. Earlier e-mails forgot to mention that the link to the forms was just for information purposes only! the instructions to download were just to "familarize ourselves" with the form. However; I was informed that all the applicants who "HAVE RECIEVED" their award packages, will be notified by e-mail in the next day or so, to go to their app. site and fill out and submit the SF270 online. Back to waiting some more. Good luck to all!

Thanks to all for the quick replies and the info update!

Just to get the word out, just logged onto our status page and a new category appears - Grant Management. I can only assume that would be the same for anyone who has received their "award package" from FEMA.

Clicking on there brings you to a funding request screen, so it looks like the online sysytem is up & running!

Looks like it's set up so you don't have to request all the funding at once (unless you want to), which might make it easier to manage if you have multiple purchases. I can only guess there will be the same 2-3 week delay (until the money is in your account) for each separate request.

Happy shopping & congratulations to those who have been announced so far. Those still in limbo - hang in there, there's a ton of money and a lot of time left!!!

Thumbs up Manage Grant Icon

As car 120 said the icon to request you money is in your grant application now. I requested all of our money as I have talked to dealers for the equipment but stopped short of ordering, only because I didn't know when the money was going to be available and most businesses want their $$$$ within 30 days. Happy Shopping!

Thread Information