Forum Member

Default El Nino Vs Osama Bin Laden

Seems like El Nino is rapidly catching up to Osama's record for creating disasters. On the world scale all continents are experiencing adverse weather conditions. Either floods in Europe and Asia or droughts in North America and Australia. Loss of life is rapidly increasing and will probably exceed Osama's 911 world wide. Foreign news services ie Europe are increasingly blaming El Nino. Both USA and Australia have tried to ignore the Kyoto agreement but for how much longer? Can't say whether Kyoto will solve the weather problem but the rest of the world is increasingly looking to Kyoto as a possible solution. It will be interesting to see how long our politicians in Australia and USA can ignore this world pressure. I see a back flip occuring.
    Disclaimer
    These views are my own and not of either my brigade or any other organisation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default SUVs on Pluto?

How do you explain recently discovered evidence of global warming on the planet Pluto?

Evidence of intelligent life driving SUVs?
    Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

Forum Member

I applaud the USA and Australia for doing the correct thing and ignoring Kyoto. For every so called expert supporting the global warming theory there is another denouncing it. Kyoto is a bad agreement, its sole purpose is to put take money out of your hands and into the pockets of Europian power brokers. Kyoto is a monetary proposal which does little to actually solve emission issues.

Forum Member

I'm not pretending Kyoto is the solution but neither is forest management as G. Bush sees it. Cleaning up the forest and fuel reduction will help reduce the damage but in a drought situation, as we both have at the moment, the benefits are minimal with my bacon on the line etc. What ever is causing this unusual weather is causing great heartache and El Nino appears to be getting the blame. China appears to be on the verge of signing the Kyoto agreement and further pressure for the USA to join must be occuring at an international level. The question is how powerful is domestic politics versus international politics in the USA.
    Disclaimer
    These views are my own and not of either my brigade or any other organisation.

Thread Information