Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Frie Prevention and Education grants

Have not seen too much in the area of prevention being handed out? Does anyone have any insight on this issue? I wonder If the amount avialible for prevention was even requested or applied for? let us know! Im still waiting to hear either way, and yes that is the area we applied for.

Exclamation New allocations for Fire Prevention

Ok, I just saw on the USFA page, 10 million ofthe Fire prevention funds to be allocated for areas specifically outlined by the usfa and its get ideas. Check out the article at www.usfa.fema.gov
    Im not sure what this means, but they do ask you to download application forms etc. Hey webteam... can you guys figure out what this means? Do we re-apply or those who are seeking fire prevention grants currently in this years fire act getting another look?
    Getting confusing, but sounds promising!

Default Look at the forms

I'm really confused at this point, if we haven't yet gotten any word from FEMA can we apply for these Prevention grants, and what exactly are they looking for? It doesn't even sound like its explicitly for fire companies this time, rather for fire prevention organizations (I presume that'd include the fire service?)
    But, I did download the application forms, all MS Excel documents--they look every bit like the printed application for the FIRE Act. Also, the 1199A form is there that I haven't been asked for yet! We must not have applied for 10 mill in prevention. Wonder how they'd react if applied for a sprinkler system for the firehouse?

Default Additional Grant funds

Here’s the news on additional prevention grants from last year.
    I believe this is a separate grant program that is available to us
    Check the web site and look at allocations for last year

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/dhtml/insid...rev-grants.cfm

SPECIAL PREVENTION GRANTSLEGISLATIVE BKGD | Fed. Register | Selection Criteria | Award Allocations |
    Public Law 106-398, Fire Investment and Response Enhancement (FIRE) Act, Title XVII - Assistance to Firefighters Sec. 1701 Firefighter Assistance The Federal Fire Prevention and Control Act of 1974 (15 U.S.C. 2201 et seq.) was amended to include "FIREFIGHTER ASSISTANCE … and Fire Prevention Programs". Legislation specified that the Director (FEMA) must use at least 5 percent of the available funds to make grants to, or enter into contracts or cooperative agreements with national, state, local, or community organizations. For selection, the recipients must be recognized for their experience and expertise with respect to fire prevention or fire safety programs and activities. In selecting organizations described to receive assistance under this section, priority is given to organizations that focus on the prevention of injuries to children from fire.

Last Updated: December 26, 2001

Terry
    Be Safe Out there.

Thanks Terry, that is what I thought. I remember seeing this last year also. I will try it, my Fire Act grant falls into that category they are looking for here.

Permanently Removed

Way I read it was that you could apply for the Prevention grant even if you had already applied under the previous program. My guess is that not enough people put in request for Prevention so it is being seperated. I believe the law requires that at least 10 million of the 360 million must go to prevention.

Thread Information