Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Rejection Notices

Has anyone heard if all of the initial 7500 rejection notices have gone out? I have the understanding that rejection notices will continue to go out slowly until all of the award money has been distributed but we have not heard a thing so far. No rejection, no phone call, no mysterious emails. Nothing. Beginning to think that at this point, no news is bad news.
    Also, has anyone seen or heard if Round 4 winners in Illinois have been released early to the media?
    Congrats to all who have received awards so far! Make the most of it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well I have not got any offical conformation yet on round 4 ??? Wating every day like ever one else??? But a member of my department heard via the local radio news that we got the grant, and the dollar amout was correct and everything?? That information was only released to the department personell and have not been able to get ahold of the new reporter yet! Will keep you informed if and when i confirm it tho!!! Good luck to everyone that is still in the running!!!! And better luck next year to those who did not make it.. Keep the Faith all!!!!!!!

Question Illinois notifications

We still have not heard either way. Did the 1199a on July 9th, but still waiting for the 5 q's. No Dear John either. (good news I guess) I have contacted both Sen. Fitzgerald and Sen Durbins office, to see if they had anything, but no reply. In round 2 the town next to mine recieved grant$, and never were notified by either Sen. Offices. I had to call them after I saw the post here @ firehouse.com. I just try to remember that there is still a huge amount left to be distributed. Good Luck!

Default Round 4

Well I called the radio station and asked them about the story they ran, and where they got their information about the grant? They told me that it came from a press release from my congressmans office. So I call them to confirm it?? They told me that they got the news last friday and our dept is in Round 4 grant awards. Just wish they would have contacted me first! I hate second hand news espically since I have been like everyone else glued to my computer waiting for the next round news or a dear john letter! So keep the faith everone!!

BVFDCHIEF,

yep, keeping the faith is hard. We aren't known for our patience. But we did rx the 5 questions last night - 1199a on 9 July. So I have to ***-u-me that if u rx the 9 July email it's just a matter of waiting. I believe FEMA just sent out another batch of 1199a requests, thought I read it somewhere.

DC4

I recieved my e-mail for the five questions on 8-7-02 called them the next day and answered the questions over the phone. But never seen the so called 1199a form?? I read a post on here that told us to look at our application for the updated my 1199a, so I did and printed it out. I do not know if there is any system that they are using? From what I am reading everyone is getting things in different order??? And I know it is hard keeping the Faith but with the way everthing is going and as slow as it has been. It can get verrrrry nerve racking waiting for the list to come out. So Faith and Hope is what we go on! Take care and Good luck!!! bvfdchief

BVFDCHIEF

no real rhyme or reason - could be they have all the info from u they needed. I thought when I filled out the original application I put in the banking info. But I went back and searched the app and couldn't find it. May be that some 1199a's never made it with the original app. Just don't know. Nerve-wracking it is..............

Default Rejection

I know at least some of them have gone out. I got my rejection email
    last week.
    Bummer!!!
    Knowledge is the key.

Thread Information