Default Explorers/ Juniors

How many of you are actually Explorers/ Jrs? It seems most of the people expressing their opinions are FFs.

Forum Member

Isn't the firefighters and officers on this board whose opinions and experiences you are after? Thats how it was long ago when I was an Explorer.
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

i'm an explorer. i think it's good that firefighters post in this forum. they give good advice and i value their opinion and knowledge.

Forum Member

Some of us were fire explorers before moving on in the fire service so we check in from time to time to see whats happening and help/add input. Some of us who have been in your shoes are glad to offer advice and help if needed, don't be afraid to ask.

Hey FireExplorer13, is the 13 your IEU town number by chance? I saw a post about preconnects and your truck specs and the ID 13 appear match Danville, NH. Just curious. You can PM me if you want.
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Temporarily/No Longer Active

I can see where firstin is comeing from. Sometimes the adults here take over the post when we didnt really want there opinion. But it is a open fourm, and sometimes the best advice you can get is advice that you didnt ask for,but you need it. What im trying to say is, these guys have been there before us and if we learn from them, then maybe we can avoid there mistake. We may not like there advice or want it but at least consider it.

Take care
    dfdex1

Forum Member

It is the responsibility of all of us to help those coming up. It is in the best interest of the fire service to do so. So try to listen to what the more expierienced try to tell you. I haveten years in and I still learn from those 'crustier' than me and from some who are less crusty.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

I know what ya mean... but sometimes its nice to have an opinion, sometimes its not. By status, I am a fireman. I am on limited duty. However, still really classified as a junior... its a long story, but just move on with life will ya?
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Junior here...though i don't have as much time as I'd like to read and reply to the forums.

Gotta agree with the general sentiment about senior FF's getting involved in the explorer/junior/cadet forums however... the quest for knowledge is never ending, and the Sr. FF's who post here sure help a lot when it comes to needing opinions about stuff. Thanks for sharing the knowledge you have about firefighting with us, guys. Sometimes we may be so arrogant that we don't want your opinion, but most of the time it gets us back on the right path.

I do value the opinion of the Sr. FFs, but sometimes I feel like it is only the FFs responding and not the exps/jrs. It is great to get advise from everybody, i would just like to hear from the exp/jrs a little more.
    That questions came out like I was being a wise guy, and i did not intend for it to be like that.

Just a thought, Maybe if the juniors/explorers put in thier signature at the end of the post that they are explorers then that should help you know if it is a SR. Firefighter or a junior. Heck who knows might be worth a shot .

Be Safe
    D308

Thread Information