It is with a sad heart that I write this. One of Richmond County's most beloved fireman and EMT has passed away after a long bout with cancer. Roger Mudd was not only a great man but a great friend to everyone he meet. Roger had been in this business for more years than I can remember and has always been a counerstone of any service that he worked with. He wiil be sorely missed. I use to tease him about how when I was young my dad asked me one day what I wanted to be when I grew up and I told him I wanted to be like Roger. I use to tell him it was the worse beating I every got. LOL Roger was several years older than me but he didn't make the small ones feel like they were in the way. He made everyone feel spiecal. I can't remember a time when he was not around and I will never forget the kindness he showed me as a child and as an sdult when I first got in to the EMS business. To his family I want them to know that my family and I lives have been touch by Roger and he has helped to make me the man I am today. I hope I can somehow make him proud of me and what I do would justify the time he put in......

Thank you Roger for being there for me.....