Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Pictures

Default Need Pictures

I work for a private firm that has been tasked by the USDOJ-Office of Domestic Prepardness to revise the Emergency Response to Terrorism:Basic Concepts course. I am in need of some public-domain photographs of emergency responders in either Level "B" or "A" CPC doing air monitoring activities. If you have such photos and would like to share these with me I would be greatly appreciative. You may contact me at the following e-mail address:
    gneal@community-research.com
    Garry W. Neal

MembersZone Subscriber truck6alpha's Avatar

I'll look around and get back to you. I'm pretty sure I've got some at home on my other computer...
    Michael "Mick" Mayers
    Acting Director, Urban Search and Rescue
    South Carolina Emergency Response Task Force
    www.sctf1.sc.gov

MembersZone Subscriber

Kristen,

What problem would that be? You can see that in magazines and catalogs. I also will have to take the time to dig up the disks I have some pics on also gneal, if I find them I will send you a few.

MembersZone Subscriber

I sent you the reply, and you've probably alreay have read it Kristen. But..watched pearl harbor too many times?? I can't make the connection. But its like I said, pictures of anyone in a level A or B suit is the same whether they are fire or not. Its a suit, people wear it...that's not too hard to figure out.

MembersZone Subscriber truck6alpha's Avatar

1) Showing pictures of people doing Level A monitoring does not teach anyone anything about our countermeasures anymore than showing someone a picture of a firetruck would give them an indication of how to fight fires.

2) gneal- sorry- none of the training pictures I have found so far are of value, but I have a CD or two that I still am looking for. I'll get back to you.
    Michael "Mick" Mayers
    Acting Director, Urban Search and Rescue
    South Carolina Emergency Response Task Force
    www.sctf1.sc.gov

run to the hills, cover the fire trucks with camo netting...the terrorists are watching. i earned my hazmat tech cert through a NJ state police class...not the firehouse.com forums, there really isnt all too much info on counter-terrorism response here or in a picture of some guy sweating to death in level A
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    FireFighter/EMT/HazMat Tech

New Milford Vol. Fire Dept Company #2
    New Milford,NJ

my apologies...im just fed up with the sanitization of life as we know it because of the big bad terrorist.i live 15 minutes from Manhatthan, i was involved in fire and ems activities on 9-11,12 and 13 and i dont let it get to me...people (im not saying you stroutkristen) have become scared of their own shadows. see what happens when you watch too much TV?
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    FireFighter/EMT/HazMat Tech

New Milford Vol. Fire Dept Company #2
    New Milford,NJ

StroutKristen,
    Your question is well founded. Which is the reason that I had asked for PUBLIC-DOMAIN photographs. Using that type of picture would show neither the capabilities or resources needed to combat Bio-terrorism or any or type of incident nor is there any copyright infringement. I knew that my response would draw some questions which is also the reason for placing my e-mail address in the post. I would like to assure you and any others that this request is made with the best intentions of providing a better training course and lerning opportunities for responding to terrorism incidents. As for the having photographs in my collection, I was never one to photograph stuff, I was usually to busy working in the trenches so to speak in my 22 years in the Fire and EMS service. Please feel free to email at any time if there is any question. I extend this to all who would read this post and any other that I may place in the future. gneal@community-research.com

Truck6alpha thanks for you assistance, it is greatly appreciated.
    Garry W. Neal

MembersZone Subscriber

Why would pictures of responders in Level A and B suits give terrorists an advantage?

There are articles in Fire House Mag about responding to NBC emergencies. How do we keep the magazine out of the "wrong hands?"

Am I the only HazMat instructor that is not doing background checks on my students?

Just wondering!
    Career/Volunteer, We are all professionals!

And I went to the main page of Firehouse.com and typed hazmat in the search box.

Got 1,450 results in .11 of a second.

Damn, can we camouflage web pages as well?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information