MembersZone Subscriber

Question 1199 and 5 Questions

I just received the five questions email but I never received a 1199 email. From looking at other posts it seems most people got the 1199 emails last month.

Did I miss it in all the junk mail I get or is the email order not standard.

Forum Member

Default 1199a

Our SF1199A e-mail came 10 days after the 5 question e-mail. There doesn't seem to be any set time frame for the e-mails though. 2 weeks after the 1199 e-mail, we were in round 3.
    Good luck!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Forum Member

Default We didn't get the 1199 email

We never did get the 1199 email, but did receive the 5 question e-mail on July 23rd. Our grant was announced in Round Three.

Sound like your right on track. Good Luck !!!!
    Grant me the strength to change things I can, accept what I can't, and to know the difference.

We never received the 1199a either. We received the 5 Q's on July 23rd. We were notified last week of our grant award for Round 4.

Good luck.

If you go to your application, you should find a link for the 1199a. That's what we did and a couple of weeks later we recieved the 5 questions.

Forum Member

Has anyone received a grant that did NOT receive the 1199 or the 5 questions?

SFPD

Cool

Just got a call & email asking me to do are 1199 and send back a form to them. hope its good news

Terry Worch
    chief Harrison Ferry FD.
    Harrison Ferry Tenn.

Forum Member

TWORCH
    Not to bring you down about the 1199, but you may be in for a wait. We received our request on 7/9 and haven't heard a thing since. But we are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Good luck to you !!! As I have been told, "Good things come to those that wait" or "All good things take time."

Unhappy Tworch...

Hope it doesnt burst your bubble, but we as many are in the same boat as thoskin. 7/9/02 we got the 1199a, but havent heard didly since. no 5 q's, nuttin. We to are hoping that we are still in the running. Keep 'em crossed and well see on Tuesday.

To the departments who received the 9 July SF1199a request.

FYI - I also received our departments SF1199a on 9 July. The 5 question email came in last night to the email listed on our app (personal email). So would have to assume (of course we know what assume breaks out too) that you are still in the running (and waiting, which ain't easy). I believe FEMA just sent out another batch of SF1199a requests - putting two + two together and getting five - would hope that u are ahead of them in the process.

Also, myself and one other person wrote the grant. Never wrote a grant until this year. He did take the grant writer two day course offered by FEMA - I didn't but did the writing - wrote to the specifics of the program, short and sweet.

Hope this info helps.

MembersZone Subscriber

Will someone please list the five questions?

Forum Member

1. If you are selected for an award, would you accept?

2. If you are selected for a grant award, can your department meet the required cost-share?

3. If you are selected for an award, do you understand that the funds can only cover expenses for one year and that you have to spend the funding within one year of your grant award date?

4. If you are selected, do you understand that you will be required to report to NFIRS for at least the period of the grant?

5. Do you have any changes to your point of contacts, phone numbers, email addresses, or banking information listed in your application?

Again, this email message is not a notification of award, it is only a discussion of your application. Once I complete my review, and receive your favorable reply to this message, I will forward your application on to the next phase. If your department is selected you will be notified by e-mail through our on-line grants system. You will also be directed to a web-site to print the award forms and other pertinent information.
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

I have not received the 5 questions everyone is talking about but I did received the 1199a form. It was attached to the grant application, just luck that I found it, now can anyone tell me what the 1199a form means?????????????????? Thanks

Administrator

rwigley

There is no need to worry about the 1199 unless you are contacted by FEMA.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Forum Member

Smile Five Qs finally !!!

As a member of the July 9 1199 club, I am happy to say that we got the 5Q phone call yesterday ! WAHOO!!!! She said we should hear more before the 30th. It was a long nearly two month wait btw 1199 and 5Q, but boy are we happy. Good luck to all who are still waiting. Pardon my excitement, hope there is good news coming for the rest! Of course they at FEMA said this is not an award announcement,(Politically Correct) but it is one more piece of the puzzle.

Cool

Just got a call on tuesday from FEMA asking me to do the 5 questions im still wishing. lol

Terry Worch
    Harrison Ferry FD
    Tenn.

Forum Member

Thumbs up thoskin

Sounds like you are almost there! Hang in there and good luck!!!!!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Default JULY 9 1199a

Ok, how many of us are there left from the 7/9 club? No 5 Q,s still.
    Give a shout if youre still waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up 1199 and 5

Did the five questions by phone this AM. Asked about the 1199 and was told to do it IMMEDIATELY!!!

Forum Member

Question The 5 Questions

We have not recieved the dear john letter, But on the other hand we have not recieved the 5 question email either.
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing.
    Or we just hung in the limbo of not knowing along with everyone else i guess.
    Oh well just sitting back Twiddling Thumbs.
    Good Luck to all..

Default Nothing

We are in the same situation. No 5 questions, no 1199. Just waiting it out. Any info on this?

Forum Member

Same boat here. No rejection but no questions and no 1199 request. I know what's going to happen. FEMA will have enough money to fund 5000 awards and we will be 5001 on the list!

Good luck to all who have heard something and those still in the running!

Permanently Removed

Same story here, No 5 questions, no 1199, no Dear John letter. In total limbo not knowing what to do. Do we look for alternative funding?? Do we sacrifice some things to get the highest priority items which are in the grant. What if we get the grant and we had scrounged money for some fo the need, to we go ahead and get extra stuff? It would just be nice to know where we are on the list.

Forum Member

Default When will next round be announced??

Hello Webteam,

When will the next round be announced??

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Thumbs up Next round possible details...

Just going back to the rules of the grant and basic addition, Round 6 and if needed, Round 7 will have to happen before the end of September. The rules of the grant act stated that half of the allotted amount would need to be dispersed by September 30th. So far, including Round 5, the total is $109 million, leaving $71 million left to be handed out to make the halfway point ($180 mil) before the end of the month.
    I did recieve the 5 questions this morning, and I got a phone call last week to inform me that they attempted the test run of our bank account routing information and found that it was incorrect. JP Morgan took over Chase and didn't inform anyone of the routing number change. And I was told that I had to change it "today, more correctly, right now." But they "could neither confirm nor deny the allegations made against them at this time" when I asked if I could read anything into it. But why would they do a test deposit if they were just auditing applications. Might be a way for some of the rest of you to find out more info, check with your bank and see if they did the same test on your account info. I think they should have record of it.
    Like the rest of y'all, we're still hoping. It is a patience thing, since they're going in order of priority. Safety and safety equipment first, engines and brush trucks in front of other types. I certainly can't argue with that. Safety and reliability first is the mantra of the fire service. Good luck to all brothers and sisters who applied.

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Thread Information