Default Round 5 firefighting trucks

With 73 millon to get out before the end of this month my guess is a lot of trucks are going to be going out this next round. Chewing up alot of dollars very quickly. Any other views on this???
    Be Safe

U make a good point. That's what we asked for and received/replied to the 5-question email last week.

Permanently Removed

Along the same lines, high dollar items in other catagories could get prefernce too. We put in for nearly $200,000 for Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety. This is as much and more sometimes than a truck.

Default I HOPE YOUR RIGHT

I asked the Web-Team back in early August about the deadline for the 150 million and they told me not to worry. Now we are down to one or two rounds at the most in September with around 70 million dollars to spend. This could be a little misleading though, since we don't know when a grant is considered to be awarded. If FEMA only has to know where the money is going then who knows. I work for a government entity and anything with an invioce date prior to Oct. 1 can be payed from the previous years funding. If that is the case here than we may not see some of the grants for this money being announced until Oct. But, then again I must say I hope you are right though. I am waiting to hear on my truck grant for $180,000. Best of Luck to all and stay safe!!!!!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Default Rd 5 and 6 will be Huge!

Before Rd 4 was posted on FEMA's site, I contacted my "representatives" to find out if we were in RD4. My "representative" was suprised to discover that they had not received any notification about RD 4 either and thus contacted FEMA.

We discovered that no notification had been received as there was NO grants in RD 4 in my entire state.

However, FEMA informed my "representative" that RD 5 and RD 6 will both be out before The end of September (Sept 14 and Sept 27 if I remember correctly but dont quote me) and they would be VERY BIG both in terms of Dollar amount and also in terms of number of departments.

Just thought I would pass this on as it was information from FEMA.

Thanks
    Mike T

Forum Member

We may also see some special grants awarded as last year. There were $2 million in a non competative round (see 2001 awards on femas site). With the 911 evevnt this year I would look for some big dollar grant to happen.
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

Thread Information