Red face 25 Days Left for Fema to send out over $70 Million?

FEMA has got rid of just over $70 Million in the first 4 rounds. They now have less than 25 days to get rid of another $70 Million. I think I would have tried to have gotten rid of more earlier instead of waiting for the last few days!

Forum Member

Default Wondering

Just wondering if anyone thinks that it could be possible that they already have but we just don't know it yet?

Forum Member

They can feel free to send some of it my way! I'll be more than happy to spend it.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

I bet this is a good sign for all of those who got the link to their 1199a on July the ninth. FEMA has a lot of direct deposit information out there from the 1199a's they sent out and have not awarded them all. Just a hunch but it is my 4 cents worth. LOL notice that someone else gave 2 cents and then 3 cents don't want to feel like a cheapscape.
    Be Safe

Default The real question!

Does anyone know at what point a grant is considered to have been "AWARDED". If all they have to know is where the money is going then we may not see the full 70 million announced before October first. Good luck to everyone who got the 1199 July ninth. If your right there could be a lot of happy folk's here. You guy's don't forget us poor sap's laying in wait though after your "RICH" and all!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

Forum Member

My understanding (I could be wrong) is that they have to be able to show on "their" end that the funds have been approved to the depts.
    I don't think that nessasarily means that they all have to be publicly announced by the 30th. The date on our official award package that showed when we were actually approved, was three and a half weeks before we were notified for rnd 3. They may end up having it all awarded on paper at their end by Sept. 30th, but the public totals may not be $150mil by the end of the month. Basically; it is considered spent/allocated when your application is approved, not when you are notified!
    Good Luck to all!

"Just remember. No matter where you go. There you are!"

Talking

James, you make a good point. It's kinda like me paying my bills each month, I consider them paid when I write the check and send it in the mail. They on the other hand consider it paid when the check is deposited and cleared.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if the 28 mil FEMA awarded to FDNY yesterday was part of the Fire Acts funds?
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

Administrator

Does anyone know if the 28 mil FEMA awarded to FDNY yesterday was part of the Fire Acts funds?
    No, it was not.

Thread Information