Default GPM on sheared off gas pump?

We had a gas pump that was ran over by a car and both supply line were sheared off and flowing. Does anyone know the gpm for each line.

The GPM on retail pumps is generally determined by the metering device on the pump(price/gallon) and the diameter of the hose attached to the nozzle. It would be safe to assume that the average retail pump will produce approximately 5 gallons per minute dependant on the aforementioned information. I would reccomend that you contact your state's weights and measurments office to get the approximations on retail pumps. Sorry that I can't be of any further information but that's about all I could find on the subject.
    gneal@community-research.com
    Garry W. Neal

It was not the nozzle supply line. It was the supply line that feeds the pump itself.

Oh, that's a horse of a different color. That supply line that feeds the pump, depending on the type of pump and the size of the pump, can range in size from 3/4" to 2" in diameter. This line is the one that runs from the UGST to the metered pump, correct? If that is the case then the average retail consumer pump will have a line diameter of about 1"-1 1/2", depending on the copmany's requirements for the system. If this line broke on the UGST side of the pump and product continued to flow freely, it would appear that there was some form of siphon effect in play. You may want to contact a distributor of fuel products they may be listed in your local yellow pages and could give you more details on how these systems are set up in your area. Don't know if that will help or not, but that's about all I have on it. Let me know if what you find or if I can be of any further hinderance.
    Garry W. Neal

I just noticed the thread on the LPG supply line query, I moderate a Group on the net called Dangerous Goods-Hazmat, it's a global List but does have some LPG experts, amongst other areas of petrochemical Storage & Handling issues. If you'd care to re-send your query to the Group I'm certain you'd be the recipient of more qualified answers to your query. The Group location is at:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DangerousGoods
    or I'm more than willing to re-send your email if you'd send it to me at petenv@optushome.com.au

Best Wishes
    Don Johnston

Thread Information