View Poll Results: Who is Paddy Brown?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who is Paddy Brown?

3 75.00%
  • Who is Paddy Brown?

1 25.00%

Default Capt. Patrick (Paddy) Brown WTC

I donated blood to the American Red Cross last week and received a card with the name of a victim of 9-11. I happened to receive the card that read:
    Capt. Patrick J. Brown
    New York, N.Y.
    World Trade Center
    When I picked up the card I did not know anything about Mr. Brown. I have done some research on-line and found that this man was deeply admired by many. I would really like to let his family know that there are people that are praying that Jesus Christ will bless their family. I would like to learn more about Capt. Paddy Brown's life and legacy. To anyone reading this keep praying for all of the fallen and live your life as Jesus Christ leads you.

Jason Missildine
    jmissild@yahoo.com

Sr. Information Officer

Paddy Brown...one of FDNY's finest. His daring rope rescue in 1991 made headlines here in New York. God rest his soul!

Stories about Patrick appeared in the NY Post, shortly after his remains were found. They can be viewed at:

http://www.firehouse.com/news/2001/1...daredevil.html
    http://www.firehouse.com/news/2001/11/10_APlegend.html
    http://www.courageandvalor.org/in_memory.cfm
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

RFB, RIP
    Capt Brown
    "it was once said that when Pat walked down a street fire would break out spontaneously and young women would appear at their windows crying out to be saved"
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
    KTF | DTRT

Forum Member

Have been an FDNY buff for a very long time. First time I ever rode was with Rescue Co. 1 many moons ago when I was 16. Imagine a young volunteer FF from the suburbs, running 250 calls per year, who thought that FDNY was the championship team of firefighting....An older member of the volunteer company he rides with, is also an FDNY buff....Gives him the number of R1 and says "You call up there and see if we can ride next weekend, and I will drive."

Said young Firefighter dialed the phone...was about as nervous as a dog about to **** a razor blade.....may as well have been calling god himself.....Someone answers the phone, I explain I was a buff and volunteer, and wanted to come ride next weekend....Guy says "Hold on, I'll get the Loo for you....."

Loo comes on the phone, I explain again....He looks at the calendar, says in a friendly voice "Sure! No Problem! I'm working 24 hours on Saturday. C'mon up saturday morning, you can stay the night. We'll put you in on the meal!"

That started a passion of buffing and riding with FDNY that continues to this day (although the riding has come to almost a complete stop.) That "Loo" at Rescue 1? None other than Paddy Brown.

(And I can not let this post go without mentioning that two other members of Rescue 1 were riding that saturday also perished at box 8087- FF's Angelini and O'Keefe. RIP.)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Nice bump, Matty. That's a great picture.

Thanks for sharing your special memories, Buff.

NEVER FORGET
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I'll second that, Buff. Thank you for sharing that memory with us.

MembersZone Subscriber

FWD, great story. What a lineup..you want to talk all-stars...
    Paddy Brown, Joe Angelini Sr. and Pat O'Keefe. I would of given anything to experience that.
    The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
    KTF | DTRT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jPF7ruUwyw
    This link is to one of his rescues.

Thread Information