Forum Member

Default What type of paper work do you use for jaws calls?

My department is looking at changing the way that we do the paper work for our extrication calls. Currently we use the same form that we use for our ems calls. Does your department have a seperate form for extrication calls or what do you use? What are things that you would include if you were designing a form from scratch?

Thank you in advance,

dan

FIGJAM

We do use different paperwork for MVA calls. I'll track a sheet down and get the info to you that we use..
    Luke

We use a few forms, the first one has all members responding, date, time, etc.. Also location and type of accident paged out to,

ie; Location: Hwy 97 North @ Bear Lake
    Type: 2 Vehicle MVA, rollover

We also have a place to list all of our equipment used, techniques used, times for page out, on scene, 10-2-1, 10-7 , also our mileage at start, scene and final. We also get a RCMP file #, RCMP officer name, and a Provincial Emergency Program task #. We also have a place to write down the license # of vehicles involved, vehicle make and model, and # of injured and doa from each vehicle. Below all of that we have a place to draw a quick sketch of the accident scene.

For our second page it is just a long list with a place for times and notes. We write down times we pass major landmarks en route, what the weather is like, what the traffic is like, times we get or send update to dispatch, then when we are on scene we write down times of patient access, patient removal, patient clearing the scene, and just anything else we can think of that we may need to remember. We also take pictures of the scene when we are done and try to include a couple with the paperwork.

Just remember that if you have to go to court 5 years from now and they say that the patient dieD because you took too long to respond, you had better hope that your paperwork says the the weather was so bad that you could only drive 40 kmh.

Shane

Forum Member

bump

Post Pin Job Forms

We use a form that has all the regular info on it and car diagrams and a place for a scene drawing. Some of the form came from Garrigan and the Late Harvey Grants Book"Vehicle Rescue 1st Ed. E-mail me and i will send you a copy if you wish, and you can change what you want on it.
    "Trust in Traing, Faith in God"
    "09-11-01 I Serve today for the living,I serve tomorrow for those who Died..."

Thread Information