0. You may not vote on this poll
  • vb code

0 0%
  • img

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Question fed grants?? where to go

Hi i'm new here and would like any help you could give me.
    I have just become the Sprague Rive Vol. Fire Dept. Sectury
    and it is my job to get grants for our small town. The info i
    would like to have is where , when and to who must i send our
    info to for grants. Also any info on the web to go to for help
    in this. Thanks
    Come one come all and if you do not like the U.S.A stay out.

Talking How much time do you have?

The Federal FIRE Act grant for this year is already in process, and it is too late to apply now. You will have to wait until next year. As for other grants, there are too many to list. Many private foundations, as well as Federal Agencies and State governments offer grants. To list them all here would take forever, literally. You can search the web for grant information, call your state Fire Marshalls office, and look into Firehouse.com's funding area off the main page. Also, if there are any industrial companies in your area, many offer grants, you just have to start calling and asking for information on it with them, or check out their websites if available. It can literally be a full-time job tracking down all the grant opportunities and writing the grant requests for them all. Good luck in your search and be safe.
    "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"

"The views expressed by me are solely my own, and in no way reflect the views of any organization which I belong to."

Latigo pretty much hit where to begin - also check out www.dragonflynet.com as it covers grants in detail - it will take weeks to go through all the data there. Also, highly recommended u sign up for a grant class. Some u or ur dept have to pay for and ur state fire training office may offer one for free as Va. does. I didn't take one but my partner in crime did and it helped when we filled out the FEMA grant - got the letter for a new tanker Friday. Grant writing classes should point u where the grants are located. Also, check with ur state forester for Volunteer Fire Assistance - it has been pulled for this year do to the enormous amount of money being spent on Western wildfires but should be available next year. And I think that may be where most of your grants are - done for the year. But u picked an excellent time to start for next year as u won't be rushed. Remember to read the program objectives and write to that - and use winning examples that are posted on the 'Net. And get in the habit of staying organized - I know of dept. who thought they were turned down by FEMA back in May when the were denied a grant from another entity.

Good luck on ur endeavors.

Thread Information