Thread: Round 6

Forum Member

Default Round 6

Does anyone know if they will start and get round 6 out before the end of the month or have the gotten out all of the money they half to before the months end.
    Do you know webmaster?
    Still waiting for the 5 questions or a dear john letter..
    Good luck to all...

Administrator

The $150M that must be 'approved' before the end of the month, but doesn't necessarily mean it will all be announced.

Round 6 is coming next week ... over 600 departments.

WebTeam

Well just a quick note to let everyone know that I got news we recieved the grant on Monday when I looked on firehouse.com. I would like to say thank you to the webteam for doing a fantastic job of babysitting me in my time of need, you guys are doing a fantastic service for the fire community and all of our heartfelt thanks is not near enough for all the hardwork you guys do. Just a little history, I got the 1199a e-mail on July the 9th sent it back in that day with delivery conformation, FEMA still has not picked it up according to the USPS tracking number I got. We had the ext thingy by our name also. We got the 5 questions three weeks before our anouncment, the Friday before the Monday of the 16th of September I got anxious and called our congressmens office (like I have for the 4 rounds before) and the lady working for him said they hadn't heard anynews at all on the grant. I bet they where tired of hearing from me. Well I hope that everyone gets the grant cause the lord knows we all deserve it for the job we do. Goodluck to everyone and godbless us all.
    Be Safe

Default Congrats Esbon

Congrats to you!! We recieved our 5 questions today,after receiving the initial 1199A on JUL 09. We've waited and hopefully will be as lucky!!!

Forum Member

Default Congratulations!

Congtratulations Esbon! I don't want to jump the gun but congratulations to you too ffpm43! The 5 questions seem to be a good omen! We're still in limbo here but an least we're in limbo.

Esbon - Congrats - our timeline pretty much mirrors your's. Except I called my Congressman in Va. last Friday and they had the paperwork fm FEMA - although the person I talked too thought FEMA had already notified us. Now I just have to wait for the electronic SF270.

MembersZone Subscriber

ROUND 6 IS OUT GUYS AND GALS

Just got a phone call from Missouri Sen. Carnahan's office.
    WAHOOOOOOO Did the 5 questions two weeks ago, so right on schedule. New SCBA and a mobile cascade system. By the way, we are a small, 2 station dept with 20 volunteers and a 20K per year budget. It really does trickle down eventually. After two years, we had to wonder. Good luck and my prayers to everyone waiting.

Don Cheek, Asst. Chief/EMT Ret.
    Lakeview Heights FPD
    On beautiful Lake of the Ozarks (the poor end)

Forum Member

Smile

Just recieved word from Carnahan as well. We did 5 ques about a month ago. Getting 5 SCBA, pagers and new turnouts.

Salisbury FD

Thumbs up Round 6 Illinois Depts.

Cambria Fire Protection District and Ziegler FD are to be listed Monday according to a Congressman's office.

MembersZone Subscriber

didnt here anything about greenville illinois did ya!
    just trying to be patient lols, will wait patiently

Forum Member

Default Round 6 for Nevada

Cold Springs Vol. Fire Dept. FirePrevention $34,920

Wells Vol. Fire Dept. Wells Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety $53,397 \

Grass Valley Fallon Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety $179,937

Spring Creek Vol. Fire Dept. Spring Creek Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety $42,750

Red Rock Vol. Fire Dept. Reno Fire Operations and Firefighter Safety $31,310

the wait is over, finally. WAHOOOOOOO
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

Administrator

We've just been informed by FEMA that Round 6 will not be publicly (other than local announcements) available until October 1.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Grant Award

Ladies & Gentlemen:

Union Fire Co #1 Carlisle Pa was notified today it was a awarded a $332,500 grant for a quint type of fire apparatus out of round 6.

Now I can let my nails grow back
    Pres41 (Pete)
    pres41@aol.com

Forum Member

Default Congratulations wellsfr!

Way to go Wells Vol. Fire Dept and the rest in Nevada!

gfpd25, hang in there. Our congressmen don't seem to be as quick to release the info as others.

SFPD

I am not sure when they decided on the sixth round choices but they have decided. Congressman Bob Ney of Ohio has announced Friday September 20, 2002 in the Wheeling news register that two departments in his State Ohio, Belmont County 1.) Cumberland Trail Fire Dept. and Beallsville Fire dept have both recieved awards. When they are going to make these picks public is anyone's guess. My question would be if this process is not suppose to be politically motivated how did a congressman know about the wawards before everyone else???

Administrator

My question would be if this process is not suppose to be politically motivated how did a congressman know about the wawards before everyone else???
    Congress and Governor's Offices handle the initial notifications to departments. The departments that are awarded in each round are notified up to a week before the public announcement.

Keep in mind while the process itself isn't meant to be political ... Congress is the group that approves more funds for next year. So likely they get to make the announcements to prove that their funds approved are going for a good cause ... thus seeing that the money is important and needed (and hopefully upgraded) next go round.

For more information on the process, read:
    http://www.firehouse.com/funding/fir...002/0919a.html

Post round 6

We were also contacted today, as well as 12 more that will be recieving the grant, we found out from our local newspaper before our congressman brownback (kansas) contacted us!!!!
    Last edited by tongiefire; 09-27-2002 at 03:17 PM.

Default Congrat tongiefire

Like you we didn't here from our congressman we found out on firehouse.com We are getting a new pumper fully equiped. Never ever have we had a new Firetruck the guys are running around like a bunch of kids on Christmas morning. Kansas is holding it's own this year and getting some good numbers out of this grant. What did you guys apply for tongiefire???
    Be Safe

Talking

Heres a list of Iowa grants From congressman Grassley`s Web site****** With Orient the only vech, Brush unit..

Arthur Community Fire Department $25,866
    Blairsburg Fire Department $29,807
    Bloomfield Volunteer Fire Department $131,113
    Bonaparte Volunteer Fire Department $12,461
    Colesburg Fire Department $34,556
    Columbia Fire Department $13,598
    Dysart Fire Department $10,620
    Fonda Fire Department $25,539
    Gilbert, Westory Fire Agency $54,720
    Imogene Fire $20,817
    Letts Fire Department $41,353
    Little Sioux Fire Department $33,695
    Lost Nation Fire Company $11,700
    Missouri Valley Fire Department $51,837
    Orient Volunteer Fire Department $58,500
    Oskaloosa Fire Department $154,330
    Oto Fire Fighters Association $27,306
    Palo Fire District #6 $15,920
    Rockwell City Fire Department $24,638
    Sigourney Fire Department $25,115
    Stanton Volunteer Fire and Rescue Dept. $31,946
    Templeton Community Fire Department $63,315
    West Point Fire and Rescue $36,706

Congrats

Default Why the Wait!

I see that some congressman are giving out thier list in the form of press releases, so it is obvious that the list has been out for round 6 since last thursday. Why, again is FEMA not going to make this announcement until after October 1st? Over half of the states will have thier full list published anyway!
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Just got our 5 questions from FEMA today. Hoping that good news will be coming our way shortly.

Default WEBTEAM

When do you expect to post Round 6 winners?

Administrator

Round 6 is expected to be posted no later than October 1.

Originally, they were thinking of bumping up the announcement. But at this point, it appears the soonest we can post it will be Oct. 1.

WebTeam

Forum Member

Why are they waiting so long to post round 6?

Administrator

Its not necessarily long. Its about two weeks after Round 5 was posted.

Thread Information