Default Hey! yup, I'm new.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a second class petty officer in the Coast Guard in Washington State.

I'm originally from Modesto, CA where my dad is a Firefighter and has been as long as I can remeber.

I'm a "paid call" fire firefighter in a podunk little town, though given my new optempo since 9/11 I'm not very active. I'm an EMT-B and since I have only very very little experience in firefighting I enjoy the medical aspect more than the smoke eating. But once I'm more comfortable and have sufficient training with the fire fighting job, I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much.

I seperate from the CG in 2003 (for good this time!) and I plan to use my MGIB to go to a real fire academy and Paramedic school.

If anyone out there has a similar back ground, I would love to hear about your experiences in getting locked on with a good department and using the MGIB for school.

Thanks, I'm glad to be here...

Zach
    "The Problem with ignorance is that it gains confidence as it goes along" - Gen. Powell

Smile wuts up

hey wuts up Zach. I hope u have fun in here and with the info you need I can't give you, , sry, I'm a JC member. Ne ways hope you get the info you need to become a FF/EMT which ever one u want.

Have Fun Zach

Mike
    Junior Corps Motto :Always there, Always ready:

MembersZone Subscriber

What Po-dunk town R U in? I'm just east of The big City (Seattle).
    Do ya have your Washington State EMT Yet? (or are you NREMT-B)

Have you heard about Harborview Medical Center's (world renowned)Paramedic program?

Me,I have been in the biz a while and I'm Still learning all the time trying to keep up with technology and ideas. This has been a tremendous resource coming here. Make friends. Keep up with coming back to the forums. Try all different topics , you'd be surprised at what you find and get interested in.

Be safe!

JW
    Last edited by NB87JW; 09-18-2002 at 08:12 PM.
    "Making Sense with Common Sense"
    Motor Vehicle Rescue Consultants
    ( MVRC@comcast.net) Jordan Sr.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Welcome!

Welcome aboard. I am pretty sure that there will be a lot of people on these forums who will likely be quite helpful. A lot of them have been quite helpful when I have been learning things etc. Again welcome
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

What Po-dunk town R U in? I'm just east of The big City (Seattle).
    I'm up on the peninsula... compared to Seattle, they're all po-dunk

I have my WA State and NR.

Thanks for the welcome... I'm sure I'll benefit from the cumulative years of experience here on the board.

Zach
    "The Problem with ignorance is that it gains confidence as it goes along" - Gen. Powell

Forum Member

Thumbs up Hey there:)

I am a coastie as well, and I admire the firefighters and the work that they do. I believe I play an integral part in helping most of you guys out
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

BUT I have to say, no one will come and get you when your in trouble 100 miles offshore like the coast guard! of course when they chew you out for some small violation, you ain't thinking about that fact.
    No worries, we consider ourselves the political chew toys of most agencies.

One of my Grandpas was a Merchant Marine in WWII and was sunk on two different boats. He recieves his VA benefits as a coastie. Sweet deal if you ask me.

MTWaites... so are you a Canadian Coastie? If you're up in BC I'm just across the Strait from you.

Zach

Thread Information