Thread: Nike Hydraulics

Forum Member

Question Nike Hydraulics

Any one here use a Nike system? Been to the web and spoke to them. Just wondering if anyone out there has worked with it and your thoughts on the systems and operation. I have worked with some of the others HRT, Hurst, Lukas etc at training camps. Just wondering about the Nike.

Thanks Andy

Nike, as in, the shoe people?

Forum Member

I guess that would be a "nope" from the DAWG. Unless HRT, Lukas and Hurst are making running shoes.

Forum Member

CAP,

We don't use their pumps, but are using one of the hand spreaders. We carry one on each truck, works well for popping hoods at car fires and for forceable entry. I do know that we had some difficulty in getting them, customer service wasn't the greatest, maybe something to consider.

Sorry I can't help any more.
    "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
    -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Thumbs down

We have several sets of the Nike hand operated spreaders and cutters, and used them as a back-up to our heavy hydraulics for many years. Unfortunately, our experience has not been a positive one. We've found them to be unreliable, and subject to frequent failure (O rings). Our experience with service on these has been that it is virtually non-existant, to the pont where in the last several years, we haven't even bothered to send them out anymore. We've just finished selecting another hand operated combi-tool to replace the Nike's and will be placing these in service shortly.
    Stay safe!
    Diesel

Make good shoes, but rescue tools suck!!
    Begin with the end in mind.

Be safe out there!!

Forum Member

HotDog: could you be a little more specific with "suck". I need to know what experience you've had with this tool system.

Thanks Andy

Well, we actually never used them on a vehicle. Had a demo set brought in to the station prior to purchase of our latest set of tools...you know, have to look at all options when its a municipal purchase. Anyway, dealer was ignorant of the tool, tools appeared cheap, and the warranty sucked. Went to the bottom of the list like a rock. Never cut anything with them but they felt cheap in your hands. I guess they would beat nothing, but sure am glad we didn't buy them!!

Another thing we considered was the fact no one in the area owned a set...customer service would have been a factor, especially when the salesman couldn't answer most of our questions. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by HOTDOG; 09-30-2002 at 02:18 AM.
    Begin with the end in mind.

Be safe out there!!

Thread Information