Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Party!

Cool Party!

The Marlborough Firefighters Local 1714 had it's annual summer outing today at the Marlborough Fish and Game Club's pavillion area.

After last years party, it was decided that each group would take a turn hosting the party...starting with Group 1 (my group). The members of Group 1 spent the morning setting up the grill, steamer pot, charcoal pits, picnic tables and such.

The party was great! we had the usual cookout fare (burgers, dogs, steaks, teriyaki chicken, steamed clams, corn on the cob, corn chowder, fish chowder, Boston baked beans, chili, all kinds of snacks and desserts and a full bar( no Guinness though...I had to settle for Heineken!).

Firefighter Dave "the Head" Gauthier provided his talents as the DJ. We had two inflatable moonwalks for the kids, beach balls and other toys for the kids.

A lot of Local 1714's retirees (some of the crustiest characters I know!) attended, all in all, for an 80 man department, there were over 300 people who attended the outing (jakes, their families and invited guests).

To my Brothers and Sisters...one word describes the job you did today...
    NICE!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 09-22-2002 at 09:01 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Hey Gonzo,

Sounds great. What a great way to get the group together.

We just did a cookout last weekend before and during the Annual Cranberry Harvest Festival Parade. My wife and I started the idea when they built our new Hq and the parade route went right by. We had about 12 rigs from other Towns, 200 people to feed and the rain held off. I look back throught the scrapbooks and see these things done all the time "in the day". Its nice to keep the traditions going.

Dave

Thumbs up

It's nice to see people get together and have a good time. It's a time honored fire service tradition!!!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Temporarily/No Longer Active dfdex1's Avatar

Capt.,Hfd

DFD has there open house in october usually the first week or two. You guys are more than welcome to come----we usually got free pizza and tear apart a car, and have the robot fire hydrent,and ambulance out. Ill give you the times and dates when I find out.

Thread Information