Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid people

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Exclamation Stupid people

Just when you thought the human race couldn't possibly get any stupider....some brave soul steps forward to prove you wrong....

ELGIN, Ill. -- A Roselle teenager suffered second-degree burns during a game with two other boys where they would splash gasoline on their pants, set them on fire, then try to put them out.

The DailyHerald.com reported Monday that the "game" took place in the back yard of an Elgin home.

Elgin police said the boys took turns smearing their shorts with gasoline Saturday night. They would then take turns lighting each other's pants on fire, and the teen whose pants were set on fire would drop to the ground and roll in an attempt to put the fire out.

After three rounds, police said, "the shorts were drenched in so much gasoline that they were unable to extinguish it anymore."

A 16-year-old boy suffered second-degree burns from the waist down. He was treated at Sherman Hospital in Elgin and later released.

Police said none of the boys would be charged in the incident because "being totally stupid is not a crime."

This is just so stupid I just don't know what else I can say about it.......

isn't that what we call JOB SECURITY?
    Seminole Trail Fire Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default I smell a gasoline soaked lawsuit!

My guess is that the family of the "victim" has already been contacted by an attorney who is willing to sue the maker of the gas can for not making it "child-proof", the gas station that sold the gasoline, the petroleum company that made the gasoline and the parents of the kid that smeared the gas on his pants. Oh, and the pants company for not being made of fire resistant material. Because you know these people are not accountable for their own actions. They have to blame someone else. There's no money in accepting responsibility for your own misguided actions. Heck, maybe they'll sue the fire department for not having an effective fire prevention program!
    Nothing surprises me anymore in a society where a fatboy can sue fast food restaurants for his obesity. A society that pays when someone spills a hot liquid in their lap. In a society where a guy can sue for a pickle that was improperly prepared and burnt his lip. In a society where you sue the gun manufacturer, the cigarette manufacturer and the rock musician for his music. It defies reason.
    And I'm spent.
    IMACOJ; so sue me!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default I know this one!

drkblram:
    The kid will probably sue his parents for poor parenting. You see, in our society, the four year old who was pummelled in the back of the SUV by a mother who was having, in her words, "a bad day", is taken from her mother for her own safety, but Mom's other two children apparently can defend themselves because they were not! Mom cries to her attorney that her baby is being punished by being taken away from her. Forget about the Mike Tyson-esque beating. Oh that's right; it wasn't punishment for the four year old; it was Mom having a "bad day". Plus, the mom dyed her hair so as to escape capture, and then is let out on bond for the small sum of $5000, even though she has a history of transiency (she moves alot).
    But the 16 year old; he can sue his parents. He can get back for all the times they wouldn't buy him the toy that he wanted; for all of the times that they made him go to bed at a decent time; for all of the times that they told him to turn his music down; for all of the times that they wouldn't let him play with the gasoline, but then the one time that they did......
    IMACOJ-dazzle me.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

So why would any sane parents want to hang around with kids that are that crazy?? It's off to the (pick one) Golf Club, Bar, Yacht Club, VFD, Elks, Moose, Well you get it....... Anything except stay home and be a RESPONSIBLE parent. As usual ChiefR Has a good point about everybody else is to blame except ME! Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Job Secrurity is definitly a good word. You gotta love these people. and The chief always hass good points.

They should get an honorable mention on the
    Darwin awards site.

http://www.darwinawards.com
    Remember,

If you don't respond.....who will

IACOJ EMS Bureau Member
    IACOJ Member

This is another case where both (2) brain cells that are floating around in the empty space they call a brain, aren't aware of each other's exsistence, never mind the fact that they have to work in conjunction to formulate intelligent thought.

This is going to sound a little warped, but I would have really liked to be in the ER when these kids came in. The excuse alone would have been worth it, and I'm sure after the laughter died down from the ER staff they would have made every effort to be 'gentle' with the "You did WHAT? You aren't really THAT stupid?" comments which were sure to follow.

On the upside maybe they've learned not to play with matches now. It certainly isn't going to be an experience they are ever going to be able to forget (well at least the guy who lit his privates up), cause he'll have to explain those scars to EVERY women he is ever with.

Pair of new pants..... $65.00
    Can of gasoline....... $10.00
    Lighter............... $ 1.00

Look on your friends faces when none of you can put the flaming pants you are wearing out...... PRICELESS

I KNEW IT! I knew a thread titled "Stupid People" with commentary from Tempie would have to be good..I wasn't disappointed!! LMAO!!!

What ever happened to baseball cards, kick the can, fishing or even getting into the old man's stack of magazines in the basement?? Nooooo....setting oneself on FIRE is where it's at!!!

Phone call:

"Hey Jimmy, after school why don't we go play football with the guys."

"Naw Tommy...Football's for geeks, let's get ourselves caught up in some FARM MACHINERY!!!!!! NOW THAT'S COOL!!!"
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Forum Member

Lightbulb An Idea Whose Time Has Come.......

Before we lay it all on irresponsible parents, Maybe we need to consider that the parents are at the mercy of the bleeding hearts in the schools, the courts , and the social service agencies, not to mention whatever "expert" is appearing on Oprah or Donahue this week.

Spanking is child abuse, Time out in their room is "bad for their self-esteem", and extra chores interfere with their "personal time and space". What's left...Begging????

I do know this...When Dad grabbed the belt and said "assume the position", He had my UNDIVIDED attention. And the message was received...LOUD and CLEAR!!!

Yep, All three of these boys need a damn good spanking!!

Jim

Forum Member

Default Re: An Idea Whose Time Has Come.......

Originally posted by AVF&R452
    Before we lay it all on irresponsible parents, Maybe we need to consider that the parents are at the mercy of the bleeding hearts in the schools
    You don't know many teachers, do you?

Stayback500FT = Teacher

I BEEEGGGG you...give me my paddle back.

E6511

MembersZone Subscriber

Stayback- I believe it is currently in Spipers avatar. But'd I be happy to sent you another one.

Stayback=a very fine educator

Why thank you!!

E6511

Forum Member

Lightbulb Re: Re: An Idea Whose Time Has Come!!!

You don't know many teachers, do you?
    Quint,

You know, I would have thought the same thing...until my kids came home from school and told me that their school counselors encourage the kids to report their parents for spanking them.

My daughter was telling me just the other day about how this was a free country and that she had this "right" and that "right". She was dumbstruck when I told her that the free country began at the front door and that as long as she was inside the house, that she lived in a dictatorship. I further explained that many of the rights that she was talking about were in fact, privledges that needed to be earned. It seems that the school spends a lot of time telling them about their "rights" but chooses to leave out the part about responsibilities.

In fairness, I believe that the problems are not so much from the folks in the classroom as much as from those who do not face the abuse of the student population each day. The administrators, counselors, and the curriculum writers that choose to engage in social engineering at the expense of education are the ones that do the disservice to the teacher and student alike.

StayBack,

If I had my way, You would indeed have your paddle back, or maybe a 2"x4". Furthermore, you would have instructions to use it frequently!!

Jim

I agree on the discipline issue. It's society in general that has allowed it to come to this.

A friend of mine, swatted her son (8 yrs old) twice on the butt, through a pair of pants, after he whipped out his little pee pee and went on the freshly washed kitchen floor because he didn't get his own way. One of my friends neighbours saw her swat the little rotter through the window, called social services, and they showed up and took both her kids. Stating that they received an abuse complaint. It took her nearly two years to get her children back.

The sad thing is that the children who really are abused in many cases are too scared to say anything.

Stayback that priceless thing was for you

Default Re: Re: Re: An Idea Whose Time Has Come!!!

Originally posted by AVF&R452

Quint,

The administrators, counselors, and the curriculum writers that choose to engage in social engineering at the expense of education are the ones that do the disservice to the teacher and student alike.

You are sooooooooooo right, to fill these positions one needs to have a "Spinectomy".

E6511

Not to rant on and on, but I have to say to those that think public schools aren't doing the job...

We are being sent students that purposely SET..........THEMSELVES....... .....ON..........FIRE!!!!

E6511

What were they thinking? Oh yeah, right, they weren't!

Since this thread is about "stupid people", I have another candidate!

Today was the second day of the 9th annual Public Fire Education Conference put on by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Fire Services.

I drove on the first day, and my asistant instructor for our fire safety program drove today.

As we were traveling up Interstate 495 North to the conference, we passed a white Jeep Grand Cherokee. The woman driving it was reading off of a notepad, talking into a cellphone cradled between her ear and shoulder and typing information onto a laptop computer on the seat next to her...while driving at 75 MPH!

stupid stupid stupid!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Default Candidate 3.

ROFLMFAO.

From one of our southern newspapers in New Zealand.

One fire in Invercargill last week was caused by a man who used a lighter to check how much petrol he had in a car fuel tank.

It is the sort of challenge Invercargill firefighters are having to deal with as they fight to combat the inreasing number of structure fires in the city.

Deputy chief fire safety officer Peter Burtonwood said yesterday a trend with the cause of the fires was simply a lack of common sense.

"The level of fires is just bizzare," he said.

Several were also being treated as arsons.

"And then there's the 'hero' inspecting the fuel tank with a lighter," Mr Burtonwood said.

He urged people to use more common sense.

"Have some thought as to consequences when you're using anything to do with heat." Invercargill had the highest fire statistics in New Zealand, with 26 structure fires in August and 16 so far this month.

"We don't need to win this one - we could do with coming last," Mr
    Burtonwood said.

Methinks he qualifies.

Inside rumor has it the flames shot up his nose, and escaped from his ears, having found nothing to block their path in between.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information