Question Electronic ladder rack

Has anyone used an electronic ladder rack? I have seen them on a few rigs including Sutphen and some others. We are looking at hydraulic ladder racks, but they take up compartment space with their pistons and/or stabilizers and block mounting things on the rear of the apparatus. Does anyone know which company manufacturers the ladder racks?

Stay safe.

IACOJ Agitator

The amount of compartment space that the rack takes up has a lot to do with the way it is designed. I have seen ladder racks that have had 3 points of contact with the main body of the rig. Our new rig only has 1 point of contact and doesn't take up too much compartment space.

The pistons, etc are behind the diamond plated area on the side of the rig.

Are you looking to get a ladder rack on a new piece of apparatus or are you looking to get it retrofitted onto an existing rig?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

I believe I mistated my initial posting. I wanted to say that the ladder rack I'm interested in does not have the normal hydraulic piston that takes up compartment space in the middle compartment. I am inquiring about a rack in which all of the mechanicals fit in the dunnage (area above the side cabinets) and does not take up space in the compartments. When activated the ladder rack comes out and down, similar to the hydraulic piston rack. The space the piston takes up is more significant in a full depth rescue body than in a regular pumper body.

When the ladder rack is in the down position, the ladders are also much closer to the body of the truck, which helps in tight streets.

Forum Member

Talking Ziamatic Ladder Racks

Matt,

I think You are tralking about a Zico Quick Ladder Rack system. This is made by Ziamatic Co. of Yardley, Pa. They make many fire apparatus related items check out this website.

http://www.ziamatic.com/ladder.htm

I think this is what you are looking for.

Dan Jenkins
    Fyrtrks

Pierce makes one that does not take up any compartment
    space. Saw one on demo Friday night. Slick...

Thread Information