Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Views vs. Replies!

Just a little thing I have been noticing. There are ALOT more Views than Replies. Nothing big, just something I noticed.

I have also noticed that. I know i view sometimes but that is because I dont feel comfortable in answering because I have no knowledge of the fact. Well I know I feel hurt when it can be viewed so many times and no one replies. i am not afraid to say that.
    "wait for.....it wait for it....your all so so so so fake"
    Q-uiz

Wink

Figured I'd reply, yah know, just to help out your cause... I have noticed it too, but the junior/explorer board is never as active as the firefighters forum.

Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Some people are just curious as to what's going on, and they have no intention of replying.
    The FFOTF thread has 2099 views, with only 50-some replies. This one has over 500 views, with 3 replies. That kind of thing happens all the time. But I do think it would be pretty cool if we could get this forum as active as the Firefighters' Forum.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Temporarily/No Longer Active dfdex1's Avatar

Good example, look at my "Well" thread its got like 2100 view but like only 60 or 70 responses and about 25-30 are mine.

2100-70...whoa , it's easy to see that there are way more views than replies. But, it's like ffmed2be said, people (including myself) view to find out whats going on but don't answer cause they dont want to give information on something they aren't sure on. But it's still nice to know people take the time to read what you posted.
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

I think views will always be higher than replies just for the simple fact that you have to first read the thread before you reply then you read your reply to the post. So if you post a reply you have already viewed the thread twice not to count looking back to see what others have said. Thats not to mention all the people who will look at the thread and not reply.
    Mike

Thread Information