Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lease Purchase

Forum Member

Question Lease Purchase

Our Department is exploring the feasibility of a lease purchase of Engines, Aerials, and Medium Duty Rescues. I need contact information for Departments that are currently in a lease purchase situation for our research.
    Any information you can provide will be helpful.
    Thanks
    Lt. Dan

I volunteer in a department that lease-purchased our last engine in 1996. It worked out great in a situation that we needed the engine, but didn't have $150,000 on hand to spend. We made equal installments for 6 years or so and then paid $1 to purchase the truck. It also helps in the situation that the community didn't see the spending of $150,000, they just see $28,000 per year. It works great because most people will look at that, just see how salesman at a new car dealership will work you. They want to know how much you want to pay per month, not what you are willing to pay overall......Go figure.

I volunteer in a department that lease-purchased our last engine in 1996. It worked out great in a situation that we needed the engine, but didn't have $150,000 on hand to spend. We made equal installments for 6 years or so and then paid $1 to purchase the truck. It also helps in the situation that the community didn't see the spending of $150,000, they just see $28,000 per year. It works great because most people will look at that, just see how salesman at a new car dealership will work you. They want to know how much you want to pay per month, not what you are willing to pay overall......Go figure.

Thread Information