Thread: Grant Question

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Grant Question

After reviewing the last 6 rounds, I was wondering when the FIRE Act Grant made the transition from being based on "NEEDs" to based on "WANTs"??????

I am extremely happy with the big city, big budget departments that are getting the six figure grants....I am sure they will put it to good use. I just feel bad for all of the small town, small budget departments whose "NEEDs" will just have to wait.

I do understand that one departments "NEEDs" may be viewed as "WANTs"
    by others...and I also understand that large departments are obviously gonna' need more $ due to their size. Are these large departments in that bad of shape that some require almost a million dollars just to satisfy basic needs?

My own opinion (that I am entitled to).......I would much rather see 10 departments get $75,000 each before one gets the max.

In closing, congratulations to all that have been awarded a grant to date....regardless of it's size.

THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM......I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY IT APPEARS THAT THE GRANT IS SATISFYING SOME WANTS INSTEAD OF ALL NEEDS.
    Last edited by FireDiver111; 10-02-2002 at 10:31 AM.
    Smile....it ain't all that bad!!!!!!!

Thread Information