Thread: Probie EMT

Default Probie EMT

Just a quick note to introduce myself and say hi.
    I'm a brand new EMT-B, only 2 rides outside of orientation. Looks like I've finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. LOL. Learning a lot and intend on working my way to Paramedic both in the civilian and military sectors (MSANG). ~Bobbi
    Where are we going, and why am I in this hand-basket?

Forum Member

Default Welcome

Bobbi,

Welcome to the forums.. You will learn alot here.. Also welcome to the world of EMS... Remember don't be to gunho out there, you are still wet behind the ears...LOL.. Remember if you don't know, ask the senior members on the crew..

Welcome once again..

Trust me... I'm so green I produce chlorophyll. I'm well aware I've a lot to learn. Kinda feel like a sponge waiting to soak it all in. Thanks for the advice and the welcome.

If you don't mind my asking, where in LA? I work on the MS Gulf Coast.

Forum Member

You are welcome, after the first couple of codes, and DOA's due to bad accidents you will be just fine..LOL..

You will find a lot of humor in here also...

Anyway I live outside of Baton Rouge and work in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico on the drilling jackup rig... I been in the EMS/Firefighting field for 21 years and as a Paramedic for 16 years... I work for AIMS (Acadian Industrial Medical Services) a division of Acadian Ambulance Service, Inc...

What part of the Gulf Coast???

Feel free to email me if you have any questions or if you just want to vent after a bad call....

Bob

I've had some pretty strange calls already (including an odd DOA) most of them in one day. Seen alot over the last six years or so as a volunteer FF/First Response Team. The patient care part is relatively easy. The hard part is learing the rules and regs of the company w/o much guidance. Feels like I'm constantly learning from my mistakes... good thing I'm a fast learner LOL. I'll PM you with some details. Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Bobbi

Forum Member

Not a problem... Feel free anytime...

Learning from mistakes is the best education. Yes it is hard to learn the policies and procedures of a new company, especially if no ones wants to help you...

later,

Bob

Thread Information