Thread: World Of Fire Report: 10-03-02
10-04-2002, 12:13 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 10-03-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Thursday, October 03, 2002
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Still Alarm for a fire in a house at 3508 Tennessee. Pumper 32 reports a 1-story brick with heavy smoke - 1 line off. PUMPERS: 32, 14, 1, HL4, BC804. [STL819]. 12:12a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's working Still Alarm house fire at 3508 Tennessee. BC804 reports a fire in the basement - 1 line off. Fire is now knocked down and Companies are ventilating. [STL819]. 12:23a.m.
· UNION CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm on arrival** 1102 New York Ave. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 4-story ordinary. Stores on floor 1 with Apartments above. Police reporting possible children trapped. [EAN800/47/EAN318]. 12:29a.m.
· STLFN: WENTZVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: A pumper from the Wentzville FPD has just been dispatched to the St. Charles County Dispatch Center for "flooding". [STL819]. 1:29a.m.
· MIAMI (DADE Co.), FL: Miami FD is on scene of a large 2 Alarm fire at the Women’s Detention Center Parking lot, N.W. 7th Ave & 14th St. Live ammunition in cars on fire – Many Units on scene. [GCFN02]. 2:36a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - BOSTON, MA: Box 6171 at 128 Trenton St. b/o CAR 1. Request EMS for burn victims. *483.1875* [TAC9-C30]. 5:01a.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *2nd Alarm* 620 St. James St. Several 1-story dwellings - heavily involved in the rears. Fire being fought in hurricane conditions. [NOLA]. 5:09a.m.
· Update - BOSTON, MA: 2nd Alarm - Box 6171 at 128 Trenton St. 3-story wood frame with fire on floors 1 & 2. EMS treating 4 burn victims. *483.1875* C06 [TAC9-C30]. 5:19a.m.
· From 23:30hrs PDT (10/2/02): LOS ANGELES Co., CA: LA County Fire: 3rd Alarm: 162nd St and Main. Commercial structure with fire extending through roof. [FIREPAGE (R) LA-1R]. 6:28a.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: Working fire at 53 Ansonia Street. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2.5-story wood frame structure. *154.310* C9 [TAC9-C302]. 8:11a.m.
· STLFN: EAST CARONDELET (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Prairie Dupont FD is on scene of an occupied house fire @ 2018 State St. Dupo FD responded M/A. Occupant out of house. No size up heard. (STL 835). 8:57a.m.
· STLFN: EAST CARONDELET (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Prairie Dupont FD’s house fire at 2018 State St. Small fire behind the wall of the furnace. Units will be in service shortly. [STL997/PDFD4400VM]. 10:32a.m.
· WESTON, MA: MVA/Pedestrian area of 135 North Ave. Request for Medflight – L/Z is the Brook Road Ball Field. *154.160* [TAC9-C461]. 11:17a.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *Hurricane Lili* numerous working fires around the city due to electrical wires down everywhere. Many people without electricity. [NOLA]. 11:42a.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *Update on the 2nd Alarm this morning* Numerous Firefighters & Police barely missed being crushed under a cinderblock wall of one of the buildings that collapsed. [NOLA]. 11:48a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: East 42nd St. & 1st Ave. Shots fired at the UN Building, 2nd floor. 1 perpetrator in custody - no injuries. NFI [MNS119*]. 12:24p.m.
· WEST HARTFORD, CT: MVA at 1137 New Britain Ave. Jaws working. CT21 [TAC9-C101]. 1:08p.m.
· HAVERHILL, NH: Working fire on Lime Kiln Road. A building fire. M/A to work & cover. *154.400* [TAC9-C101]. 1:36p.m.
· SHAPLEIGH (ROSS CORNER), ME: Swan Circle near Granny Kemp Pond Road. A building – well involved. M/A to work & cover. *460.550* C603 [TAC9-C101]. 1:38p.m.
· PORTLAND, ME: All Companies working on Box 87 at 55 Bowden Street. An outside fire extended to the structure. *800/154.205* [TAC9-C101]. 2:15p.m.
· Update - SHAPLEIGH (ROSS CORNER), ME: Working fire on Swan Circle off Granny Kemp Pond Road: S/C 3 more towns M/A to the scene with manpower. Fire is DWH. C603 [TAC9-C101]. 2:48p.m.
· CLEVELAND, OH: 2-2-2 Alarm @ W. 53 & Train. Block long 2 & 4-story vacant Factory. Heavy smoke from floors 3 & 4. [FPO/700/D323] (c). 3:02p.m.
· ALEXANDRIA, VA: 2nd Alarm at 1602 Orchard Street. (VFN108). 4:30p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – HOLYOKE, MA: on Walnut St. near Appleton St. Occupied building - well involved with an exposure. M/A for cover. *159.650/155.650* [TAC9-C09]. 6:20p.m.
· POMFRET, CT: MVA on River Road area of the Gun Club. A 2 car with extrication in progress. Lifestar requested. L/Z is at Day Kimball Hospital’s helicopter pad. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 7:09p.m.
· HAMPTON, VA: **2nd Alarm Equiv** 3000 block West Mercury Blvd @ Williams Honda. Heavy smoke with fire thru the roof. 5 Engines & 2 Trucks working. [44vm] (VFN102). 7:38p.m.
· LYNN, MA: All Companies working on Box 63 at 8 George St. Shed fully involved to the rear of the house. EMS reports (1) 1-1045C2 burn victim en route to MA General with ALS. *154.415* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 8:05p.m.
· TURNER, ME: Working fire at 428 Turner Center Road. A building fire. M/A to work & cover. *154.265* C603, C398 [TAC9-C101]. 8:12p.m.
· ARROWSIC, ME: Working fire at 698 Old Stage Road. A house fire. M/A to work & cover. *154.295* C398 [TAC9-C101]. 8:12p.m.
· NEW IPSWICH, NH: MVA at 188 Greenville Road. Single car crash. 1 person trapped under the dash. Jaws and Rescue requested to expedite. *153.890/154.430* [TAC9-C101]. 8:39p.m.
· WESTBROOKVILLE (SULLIVAN Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** 940 South Rd. Building fire. M/A Tankers & Engines. (MNS-516*IAP) * 9:41p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - NASHUA, NH: Box 434 at 62 Bowers Street. A building fire. Co.'s making an interior attack. *151.250/154.325* C32 [TAC9-C101]. 9:53p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: West Overland FPD has a 1st Alarm Commercial building fire at 10822 Midwest Industrial. They have at least 2 lines off. A 2nd alarm has been requested. [STL819]. 11:21p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: West Overland FPD has a 2nd Alarm for a fire in a Commercial building at 10822 Midwest Industrial. [STL819]. 11:23p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update - West Overland FPD’s fire @ 10822 Midwest Ind. Dr. E4810, 4422, 3830 & 4822 are on the Deuce. E4030 is moving-up to West Overland House 1. [STL388/819]. 11:29p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update - West Overland FPD’s fire @ 10822 Midwest Ind. Dr. E3710 is moving to Pattonville’s House 1. 4101 & 4601 are picking up 9999. Correction 4020 is moving to West Overland’s House 1 & utilities are being notified at this time. [STL388/819]. 11:33p.m.
· STLFN: (20:00hrs) ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Central County FPD: 9542, 9554, 9524, 9506. M04 & M03 were on the scene of an MVA with 1 person trapped @ W/B I-70 @ Spencer Rd. 18-wheeler vs. a pickup truck. [STL388]. 11:37p.m.
· STLFN: (20:45hrs) ST CHARLES Co, MO: Cottleville FPD *1st Alarm* on Central School Rd x Mid-Rivers Mall Dr. Vehicle fully involved in an attached garage. Little extension to the garage. Companies: 8710, 8720, 8740, 8700 on scene. [STL388]. 11:46p.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 170 Lincoln St. Fire in an unknown type building. [EAN103 * EAN301]. 11:57p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for October 3, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Columbus FD: W/F 5427 Lonsdale Place South. Cos: Eng 23, 164, 5, 32, Lad 23, 32, Res592cuE, Res4cuE, Med 23, 32, BN 6, 4. 2 sty brk MFD. W/F by Med 23. FPO/217/D284 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 5427 Lonsdale Place South. BN 5 (Jackson) reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/284/D217 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 559 West Nationwide Blvs. Cos: Eng 1, 9, 8, 3, Lad 1, 2, Res2cuE, Med 2, BN 1, 3. Now K/D. Holding Eng 9, 1, Lad 1, 2, Med 1. FPO/284/D217 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F West 53 & Walworth. Heavy smoke from vacant 2 & 4 sty brk comm'l bldg. Cos: Eng 24, 4, Lad 4, Squad 2, & BN 4. Tactical Res5cuE - Worker. Lad 23 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F 525 Foster. Cos: Eng 7, 3, 12, Lad 22, squad 33, bN 1, 2. House fire. FPO/D323 ©
Cleveland FD: 2-2-2 West 53 & Walworth. Heavy smoke from 3rd & 4th floors. FPO/D700 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F 525 Foster. Quick K/D. Holding Eng 7, Squad 33, Lad 22, BN 1. FPO/D323 ©
Columbus FD: W/F on Broadview Rd. Cos: Sta 29, 28, BN 2. FPO/D276 ©
Columbus FD: W/F on Broadview Rd. Fire in attic of a SFD. RIC: EMS 12, Med 28, Res16cuE. FPO/D276 ©
Cleveland FD: MVA/PIN East 105 & Cedar. 2 cars, 1 pinned. Heavy damage. Cos: Eng 29, Lad 10, Squad 1, BN 1, EMS Medic 8, & 12. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus FD: W/F on Broadview Rd. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D276 ©
Cleveland FD: (Delayed) W/F East 72 & Morgan. Vacant house fire. Cos: Eng 26, 11, Lad 11. Squad 1, & BN 2. Tactical Res5cuE - Worker. Lad 13 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 12
--- Pages YTD: 3490
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Bushfire Closes Popular National Park - Tallaganda District (Morton And Budawang National Parks)
A bushfire that started at around 9.45am this morning on private property west of the Wog Wog area of Morton National Park (north east of Braidwood) has led to the closure of areas of the popular bushwalking destinations in the Morton and Budawang National Parks. A search is currently being undertaken to withdraw any bushwalkers already in the Park.
"Fire crews from the NSW Rural Fire Service and National Parks and Wildlife Service responded to a report of a bushfire on private property adjacent to the Morton National Park this morning," said NSW Rural Fire Service Fire Control Officer Superintendent Doug Willcoxson.
"In the very dry conditions the fire has continued to spread. Although the fire is only approximately 20 hectares in size at this time it has the potential to escape into remote country close to the popular Budawang Ranges."
"While, at this time, we hold no particular concerns for welfare, Police and National Park Rangers are coordinating a search for bush walkers who may be in the area to move them to safer locations out of the Park," said Supt Willcoxson.
According to National Parks and Wildlife Regional Manager, Diane Garood, people planning on walking in the area this weekend should be change their plans.
"For public safety reasons, Morton National Park south of the Braidwood/Nowra Road and west of the Clyde River is closed until further notice. Budawang National Park is also closed," said Ms Garood. "The closure includes the Newhaven Gap and Wog Wog entrances to Morton National Park."
"People planning on walking in the area this weekend should not go into remote locations and check with your nearest National Park Office on current conditions."
While firefighters are optimistic that the fire will be contained within the next 24 hours, the weather forecast for tomorrow is of some concern. Higher winds and temperatures are expected in coming days as well.
Ten fire units from the NSW Rural Fire Service and 2 fire units from National Parks are continuing to work on the fire. Bulldozers are being used to cut firebreaks in conjunction with backburning operations being carried out by firefighter. At this time there is no anticipated threat to any residential property.
For more information or interviews:
NSW Rural Fire Service Duty Media Officer (02) 9898 1855
National Parks and Wildlife Service Duty Media Officer (02) 9214 9832
NSW Rural Fire Service
Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
Joint Fire Information Report
10/03/02 0900 hrs
CDF does not currently have any people on incidents out-of-state. CDF has 587 people assigned to larger incidents in California. CDF currently has 8% (26 of 336) of its fire engines and 27% (53 of 200) of its hand crews committed to all incidents statewide at this time.
There are no OES/Local Government resources currently assigned to fires
This year to date, within CDF and Contract County SRA, there have been: 99 residences, 0 commercial structures, and 205 outbuildings destroyed.
HWY 16 (YOLO COUNTY – RUMSEY CANYON)
· 1,500 Acres
· 75 % Contained
· Cause- Under Investigation
· 0 Injuries today
· Firefighting resources: 644 firefighters (587 CDF), 20 engines (20 CDF), 26 hand crews (24 CDF), 13 dozers (9 CDF), 4 helicopters (1 CDF), 0 airtankers (0 CDF), 75 overhead (72 CDF).
· Continue building line and reinforce existing lines.
· Still active burning in grass and brush.
· Major problems: North winds, difficult terrain, poor access.
· Expected containment 10/04/02 at 1800.
The Fireboat DUWAMISH greeting the Tall Ships
Go to the link below for an aerial view of the World's Oldest Operational Fireboat greeting the Tall Ships in Elliot Bay on 15 August 02.
Click on this link
seattlepi.com: Photo Journal
The caption is incorrect. The caption states this is the Fireboat Alki.
This is indeed the Fireboat DUWAMISH.
For more information about the Fireboat DUWAMISH, go to:
Andrew C. Turpin
Fireboat DUWAMISH Project
I found that my article made the EMS Magazine web site - along with the color images. I am asking that you forward it to anyone you can and have them read it over. If they like the idea ask them to forward it to people that they know ( expecially in NY City ) . If we get enough support, it may have a chance of becoming a reality! We owe it to the 3000 people that died.
Thanks for your help.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(CHGO) FireNet Chicago John Tulipano - President
P.O. Box 272
Lombard, IL 60148
Chicago's most experienced, comprehensive, up-to-the-minute & accurate firenet group you can subscribe to in the Chicagoland area. Don't be fooled by imitators. We cover a large area from Northern & Central Illinois to Northwest Indiana. We offer groups so YOU can choose which areas of incidents you want to know about.
"Why Look Anywhere Else?"
Come visit out web-site for more info. http://www.firenetchicago.net or call us at 630-620-0171.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)