Thread: Help!!!

Default Help!!!

I dont know where else to turn I've been on the internet for the last 2 1/2 hours and got a lot of information about it but theres a lot a crap I just dont understand. All I want to do is be on a HotShot crew next summer. Is there a simple way to go about putting in an application or even finding out about jobs for that matter. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Post Here's some info...

Here is the url for the IHC index:

http://www.fs.fed.us/fire/fire_new/p...IHC_index.html

As for applying... get your SF-171/OF-612 or a resume polished up now...also be making contact with whatever crew(s) you desire to be on, let them know now you are interested. This will help them "see" you when the applications are reviewed, and will give you that little edge over another applicant if vacancies are few.

Pretty much everything you need to know is answered on the above website if you follow out the various links.

Good luck
    IACOJ
    Stopping controlled burning DOES NOT stop the burning, only the control!
    http://www.wy.blm.gov/fireuse/fums.htm

Beside the crew where it says (trainee) what does that mean?

Forum Member

Rx is right on starting to call the crews, I would look at the list and then put a list of people to contact this winter. But some of the crews might not know how many people they will pick up until Jan or Feb of next year because they are waiting to hear from others if they will return or not.

You may want to be on a shot crew but, to be on a crew they want guys with fire experince. I would say if you not have much, maybe this next year go with an engine crew that has a shot crew on the forest or even in the same station, then what you can do is get picked up by the crew if one of the crew members gets hurt, or for one reason or another cant go on the fire.

(t) means its a training crew, so look at a crew with-out the (T)

A good web page that has lots of pictures of what hot shots do go to www.spotfireimages.com and click on the link hotshots

Just out of question, what makes you want to be a hot shot?

Good luck and stay safe,

HaHa......Well I dont really have a definite reason. I love being outdoors and I love fire and to be honest, going up against acres of fire standing stories high, walking miles and miles, digging, cutting, sawing, not eating right, and getting filthy dirty and not bathing sound fun. My ultimate goal is to become a smoke jumper and then some sort of leadership position for a career. Call me crazy, call me stupid, call me naive, I've been called worse. I'm so passionate about this I can taste it.....I know that I wont be happy working at the local grocery store running a cash register, I wont be able to rest until I do this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default INFO

SAN BERNARDINO NATIONAL FOREST IN CALIFORNIA IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW RECRUITS FOR DEL ROSA HOTSHOTS.You need to contact personnel which is located off of Hospitality Lane just north of the 10 FWY. You can also get information about applying from any of the USFS Firestations in the County,or go to this website and get the information you will need to apply

http://www.fs.fed.us/fsjobs/fire-hire.html

GOOD LUCK!
    Musta been some other blonde...

Thread Information