Default ebay VS 9/11.......arrrrrggggggggggggg

I know this had been brought up before, but ill bring it up again and in a different light..

While browsing through ebay for an SCBA, for my personal use. I came upon a 9/11 Dollar Bill.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=721331436

Now it just doesnt stop there, it goes on and on and on and on. There was about a week back selling there personal bunker gear and some debate over it being FDNY or not, what ever, it doesnt end.

WHAT A ****ING SCAM?

As some money(s) could possibly be donated to the FDNY, and I HOPE, that is the case, but the seller is STILL making some sort of profit. NO MATTER what it be... $1 | $.50 | or evan a cent, ITS STILL A PROFIT. And if they can sell a bunch of those and make a cent porfit, that money adds up, and ITS WRONG....

Now I KNOW there will be people, who will post and say thinks lik, "WELL, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARNT MAKING A PROFIT"..

unless you know them PERSONALY you cant say that.

JUST MY 100 CENTS

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Hey buddy, don't bash eBay! The problem is people who sell on there. Some are perfectly nice individuals; some are total idiots! I, as a volunteer EMT, bought every single item for personal jump kits myself. With my own money, no reimbursments, or replacements from the company. I bought most out of catalogs; however saved hundreds with eBay b/c I was able to aquire brand new air splint kits for ten bucks that sell for 75.00 in catalogs. As for auctions that state they are for charity; if the auction isn't marked "Auctions for America" or for some type of specific charity; then it isn't a charity auction. You cannot trust them just to say that's what it is for. You need strong, verified proof; or you'd be exactly right...

It's a scam to get their bean counter fingers, on your cold-hard earned cash...

"You can give me your two cents.... For a quarter!"
    Last edited by Oushore; 10-06-2002 at 03:22 PM.

alright so I might have worded it wrong.. Im not talking about what I was looking for was a donation.

Just everything else centered around the WTC, the thing is they are making money off of our fallen brothers.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

I agree with you 100%...

As for auctions that state they are for charity; if the auction isn't marked "Auctions for America" or for some type of specific charity; then it isn't a charity auction. You cannot trust them just to say that's what it is for. You need strong, verified proof; or you'd be exactly right...

Weather it says for charity or not, it is wrong if the seller makes any money out of it.. I see exactly were he, FF ENGINE04, is coming from...

If the auction is marked for charity... Then the seller is not making money. It goes to that specific organization. You cannot advertise an item for charity; then collect money yourself. That's illegal!
    oooooh....Where's da fire?

Thread Information