MembersZone Subscriber

Question Where will 1999a link be??

Have heard everyone speak of the "1199a link".
    Where does it appear?
    On the "status" page of fema application?
    Or do you get an e-mail?

No link (that I know of), No 5 questions, No Dear John, and No Fingernails!

After reading previous posts on this board. I was checking my application, I found it on our status page in the same box with view application. Called the hot line to find out for sure what I needed to do. Was told would get an email telling me what needed, but never got one. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by nfvfd1; 10-07-2002 at 03:50 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink 1199a link

We received the 1199a link on our application page today (10-08-2002). It was at the far right area of the application in the "Action" area, below "View Application." I reviewed it, printed it off and took it to our bank so they could fill in what was requested. We then sent it registered mail! Hope we hear something soon!!! This was the first we've heard since April!!!! Good luck to all of you!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up That's a good sign!!

Went back and checked ours again.
    Nothing yet.
    Better than getting a Dear John.

We're in the same boat. Nothing yet. No Dear John, No 1199a, No Link... All I have to say is...at least you have toenails....

FamFox,

I received the 1199 link also. Haven't received any emails or 5 questions. Hopefully it means something good though.

Question

Is the 1199 link only for aps that had incorrect or incomplete banking info on their original submission??

After checking mine it was complete and all information correct. Only thing I can think of is because after you recheck your 1199 information then you print a copy to take to bank to have information verified, signed and mail it back to them.

So hopefully this is a good sign for us.

We got the 5 question call we also have the 1199 link called the help line for the grants was told that FEMA would e-mail what to do not to submit it till then

Forum Member

Sonny,
    When did you get your call and what did you apply for?

We Got the call on 10-10 said our e-mail was not correct that we need to correct it then ask the big 5. We put in for a complete set of "jaws" to inculde rams etc. and much needed air packs

1092 forgot to ask if and when you might have got the 5 q's and what your app was for an to tell you good luck also

I did the same thing. I called the help line and was told would get email telling me would get an email that day telling me what needed to be corrected. When I looked at our 1199 everything was correct. Called the next day just to verify what I was told. Was told by another at the help line to print it off, got to bank get it signed and send it in.
    This was 2 weeks ago, still waiting on the email from FEMA telling me that I needed to update our 1199.

Forum Member

We applied for a new tanker and to date have not heard anything, 5 questions or 1199. I thought we might have a good chance when I saw that 2 arial trucks were awarded and these were supposed to be a lower priority.We will just keep waiting.

Well 1092 it's half way in to the grants so you are still in it I'LL say a prayer for ya"ll. I hope to put in for a tanker next year.This year we really needed the rescue tools first working to many MVA's and having to wait for the city to respond with theirs it hurts when all we have are port-a-powers come-a-longs and such

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Everyone will have the 1199a link on their status page, as well as the View Application link. If your banking info is correct, then you will probably not hear anything until you get asked the infamous 5 questions. Ours was wrong, so I got the phone call telling me to print everything off and correct it. Three days later I got the 5 question email, which was on Sept 19th. Our award came in Round 7, around 4 weeks after the questions. Other posts have indicated that 3-6 weeks is the timetable from the questions to the announcement.

The part they tell you about printing off the 1199a and sending it in is only if you are either told your information is wrong prior to award, or after the award is announced, in which case you have to send another one even if the info was correct to begin with.

Stay Safe

Brian

Unless FEMA has changed something, not everyone has the 1199 link. And those that do, it doesn't necessary mean your previous info was right or wrong. Our info was correct but still got the link. Basically I think it boils down that we are all willing to grasp at straws, nothing is guaranteed regardless of what links or emails you've received, and only when the money is sitting there in the bank can we actually say, "We received a grant."

I never had the update our 1199 until the first of the month. When called the help line and asked about it and told them that my information on it was correct. That is when they told me to print off a copy have bank sign it and send it to them. This was done on Oct. 2 and mailed back on the 3rd.

NFVFD,

We didn't have our 1199 as early as you but we're doing the same thing. I have talked to several different people at FEMA and all have told me to complete the form, take it to the bank, and mail it back.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Just of out curiosity, someone said that two aerials were awarded. I've only seen a quint going to Carlisle, PA. (Call it splitting hairs, but a quint is technically a different animal.) Especially if it is going to replace a front-line pumper, it counts more than just asking for one to complement the current apparatus line-up. Plus the rules stated that straight aerials (w/o pumps) would definitely not be considered. Anywho, where was the other one?

Don't forget, anyone who wants to peruse narratives:

www.firegraphics.org/grants.htm

Also whoever wants me to post theirs email it in either text or Word format: brianv@firegraphics.org

Stay safe, keep hoping.

Brian

Forum Member

The other ladder/quint is going to a dept. in northern Michigan and I am not sure if this replaced an engine or if it was an addition to the current fleet.

( still waiting )

Thread Information