Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Howdy y'all

Question Howdy y'all

hi everyone.. well as u can tell im a chic who wants to be a fire investigator. but right now im in college and im doing a paper for english ... any ideas on things in the service???

Forum Member

Welcome to the forums and the best of luck in college and your career path. What information are you looking for? Types of departments? History of departments? Different types of fire apparatuses? Arson investigation??? Need to be more specific...

You can email if you have further questions...

Default resources

Hi there fire chic,

As a former English major who wrote many a term paper I fully understand the fun you are going through *cough, gag*

Seriously, like Louisiana_Medic, I'd be happy to talk to you as well but need more info on what you're looking for.

As for resources, there's a ton of stuff online through the U.S. Fire Adminstration http://www.usfa.fema.gov/. You can order free publications and they have an online card catalog that will direct you to really good bibliographic sources. That may help.

If your paper is on your particular career path as a female in fire investigation you may want to check out the Women in Fire Service Inc. as they might be able to help. http://www.wfsi.org/

Good luck in your studies and your career path. Feel free to e-mail me anytime. (phoenixdrummer@yahoo.com)
    ~*~You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.~*~
    ~~Eleanor Roosevelt~~

Very happy to see women in the fire service!! what kind of information are you looking for?
    Iris
    USFS Firefighter

Thread Information