Thread: Round 7

Question Round 7

Does anyone know when Round 7 is set to come out? And when will those that are included in Round 7 receive notification more than likely?

Exclamation Round 7 announcements

According to my contact at our state senators office, They expect the round 7 list on Friday 10/11/02!
    Jeff LeBeda
    Firefighter/Paramedic Coordinator

"individually were not so great, but as a team we cant be beat!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Round 7 for Missouri

The list for Missouri round 7 winners was just posted on Sen. Bond's website.

http://bond.senate.gov/press_section....cfm?id=187670

Administrator

National state by state Round 7 recipients will be posted at 9am on Tuesday.

Has anyone ever gone through the five questions and then seen their names on the list without receiving official notification from FEMA first that they would be getting it? Just wondering because when they called me on 9-24 with the questions, they said I would be getting official notification in 3 weeks which is when the web-team says they post the next rounds of winners. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

The 'official' notification cames on the 1st and 15th of each month to recipients via e-mail usually with the Official Award Package. That is separate from the 'winner' announcements FEMA and the Senators do. The timeline isnt necessarily all 'at the same time'.

FEMA says it would be highly doubtful for a company to learn they won without first getting the five questions.

Forum Member

You may or may not be notified by your Represenatives office or Governor. We found ours on our US Congressmans web site a few days before the notificatin on FEMAs site. The official email will be later in the day or the next day.
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

I have looked on our Govenor's, Senator's, and our House rep's page I haven't seen anything about any grant notifications. Makes me wonder what they do all day or am I looking in the wrong place. I guess I will need to call some fire departments in NC and ask if they were contacted by any Rep. at all. We received the five questions already. So if they do official notifications on the 15th would that mean we would possibly be in round 8 or how does it work? I am new to this entire thing. I have never written a grant and have had no prior experience with the fire service until I came to work here a year ago. And for those who have been in the fire service for even a short period of time you know that a year does not even scratch the sufarce.

Forum Member

It was 9 weeks from the time we recvd the 5 qstns until our notification and another dept in my county was only 2 weeks. No set time on this. They also keep warning that the 5 questions is not assurance of a grant award. Keep the faith and dont feel alone about being new to grants this is only the second year of the Fire Acts Grant for all of us and most have never had the opportunity any where else. But the 5 questions, if nothing else, is a really good sign good luck
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

MembersZone Subscriber

We received a call from our Congressman's office today informing us that we are receiving our grant request. It is for almost $63,000. That's not much to a lot of departments, but it is a tremendous boost to us.

Forum Member

Got the call from Congressman Morans and Roberts office yesterday. Our grant was approved for $70,902.00. New bunker gear, SCBA's, Grassland suits. Alot of money for our district. 4 stations. District to our south got approved also, and one to the west.

We got a letter in the mail from our Senator today telling us that we had been approved. I thought everything was going to be by e-mail, which I provided, but we haven't gotten anything through e-mail. The five questions was in the form of a telephone call, the 1199a was from the link on our application and the official notification was in letter form. I am just glad that we have been awarded. Our grant was for only $18,450 for a Thermal imaging Camera. But every little bit helps. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I'm not sure what round we will be in yet but I know it's coming so I feel better now. I can stop checking my e-mail 10 times a day.

Exclamation Finally!!!!!

Just got off the phone with my state senator's office...We recieved $io,ooo for a/v multimedia equipment to suppliment our public educators, as well as equipment to conduct our first citizens fire academy!
    Good Luck to everyone, its worth the wait! Now I open emails without a lump in my throat
    Jeff LeBeda

Forum Member

Default Inside scoop

Congratulations to the Round 7 winners!!

Does anyone have the inside scoop on the winners from Illinois? Don't know if I can wait until Tuesday! Know we aren't in Round 7 but would just like to see some of the winners a little early.

ffpm43, do you have any info to leak out early? By the way, do you mind sharing some of the ideas and plans with your citizens fire academy? That sounds like great community project.

MembersZone Subscriber

got word from congressman schimkus office friday, greenville and brownstown were approved for round 7 in illinois. been waitin awhile from the time we got the five ?s. had phone conversations with fema about the quality of the exercise equipment, changed to commercial grade,they said that if we are going to give us money wanted good stuff to last us. made sense to me, glad it was approved.
    also got washer, dryer, fit test machine to use for county wide fit test, more air masks to be able to have ff own personal masks, and thermal imaging training. tough to wait congrats to everyone else.
    sparky gfpd

Default Thanks

kprsn1, My contact as Senator Durbin's office wouldnt leak, so I cant help there, I will absolutely share the idea of the CFA. I will emil you the narrative, and as things continue Ill keep you posted.
    Thanks again, and good luck to all!
    Jeff LeBeda

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Default Cha-ching!!

So much for calling the congressman's office. We got the 1199a link and 5 questions back on Sept 19th, no word since then, and then I have to give myself a heart attack by scrolling down the list and seeing our department in the list for Texas!!

I also posted our narrative on my site finally. I didn't have the guts to post it until I knew one way or the other. Keep the faith y'all. Now I need to find me a massuese to work out all of the kinks from having everything crossed.

Brian

Forum Member

I was rather surprised this morning when I received a call from our 2nd Assistant Chief this morning telling me to check out Firehouse.com and congrats on the app I submitted, we are getting funding.

About a month ago I received a call from FEMA because there was an issue with the routing number on our application. I fixed the issue and that was the last I heard from them.

I was never asked 5 questions (that I'm aware of), what are they??

I have heard nothing from FEMA or State Reps any idea on what to expect next and how soon to expect funding?
    Brian Jazudek
    Moon Run Fire - Rescue
    Assistant Chief/Training Officer
    http://www.moonrunvfd.org

"People ask me, why do you do it man? They don't understand, it's about the men next to you. That's all it is."

Default Round 7

Got the "Call" from Sen. Zell Miller's office Wed. 10-9-02 saying we had been approved for our grant, $95,088.....Saw our name posted on Firehouse in round 7 but still have not heard from FEMA as of Tuesday at 1400 hours..........It was 3 weeks and a day (lifetime) from the 5 questions to the "call". Keep the faith guys.....

Talking BC797er and other winners

CONF*&@!N GRADULATIONS!!!!!!
    Sorry for the slightly unprofessional tone, but what a waiting process! Brian, look forward to reading your narrative and to the rest of the ;what I will now call the "brotherhood of Round 7", great job.
    To those still waiting.... keep your heads up, lots left to give still, and FYI... when we got the 5 Q's, they said we would hear in 3 weeks. FEMA keeps its timetables!
    Although I must say I was a little suprised at the lack of notifications from some government agencies. I would figure that during this mid term election, those senators and congressmen would be burning up fingertips dailing the phone!
    Jeff LeBeda

New guy on the block, congats to all winners, We got 5 quests on 10-10 by phone said email address wrong gave me info to change hope to hear something soon trying to get jaws and air packs really need BAD

Thread Information